1st hst cycle

osudukies21

right now im finishing up a cut. Im half way through SD. Is it ok to do 20 min of cardio for the last 5 days of SD to help finish my cut. Then i will be eating slightly above maintenance for the cycle.

Also i will be going on vacation after week 6....should i just do the first 3 2week blocks? and then take a SD and repeat?

It's always best to continue lifting heavy loads at least once a week until you finish your cut. If you eat below-maintenance cals and do extra cardio while taking a break from heavy lifting, you are much more likely to lose lean mass because your body has no reason to keep it around. Instead, it will be more likely to try to preserve your remaining precious fat stores! During SD you should eat at maintenance (or slightly above). However, in your case, the short time that you have been on SD won't allow for much lean mass loss, so it isn't worth sweating over.

Re your pre-vacation cycle: I'd do a short cycle starting with 10s. Then, after your time away, I'd start back at 15s for a new cycle.

Last edited:
Ok thanks i will eat at maintenance for the last 5 days and maybe not lose the extra lb of fat...i guess it wont kill me in the grand sheme of things..

just to clarify though, Your saying i should do 2 weeks of 15s, 1 week of 10s, 2 weeks of 5s then 1 of negs or 5s, rest on vaca and then do the 8 week cycle?

ok ok...so 2 weeks 10s 2 weeks 5s 2 weeks negs then SD

last question: would it be better to do 200-300 cal over maintenance and try to gain mostly lean mass...or go 500-700 and then use my next cycle as a cut cycle.. I like the idea of staying decently lean over summertime

last question: would it be better to do 200-300 cal over maintenance and try to gain mostly lean mass...or go 500-700 and then use my next cycle as a cut cycle.. I like the idea of staying decently lean over summertime
Totally your call if gaining fat and cutting afterwards sounds like a nightmare, go little above maintenance. I personally prefer to go high over maint and then cut if necessary because due to approximations in calculation of intake and expenditure might make that 200 cals over maintenance as well be 100 cals below and you are just spinning wheels.

Back