2 sets or 1 during 15s?

I

imported_davie2k0

What do you guys think? Should i do 2 sets or 1, or maybe 2 sets of some certain exercises.

Personally, 1 set was suitable for me to get that burn, but on some exercises if I didn't feel it, I added a few more reps to the set itself bumping it to 18-20 reps until I got that burn.

1 set was not enough for me, doing 2 felt a lot better, not only during workout, but also next day

I personally liked doing 3 sets in 15's with minimum rest in between. 30 sec to 1 min max!

10's and 5's would be 1 warm, 2 work for me.

Do as the body tells ya.

I do 2 sets mostly, but that depends on how many exercises I do for a certain muscle. I might do 1 set of bentover rows and 1 set of chins, or just 2 sets of either. It also depends on if you use isolations, for example. I have found that 2 sets for compounds and 1 for isolations seem to work fine for me.

As people have pointed out, it's more about a feeling than a number of sets.

Regards,
/ R

Hey :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Should i do 2 sets or 1, or maybe 2 sets of some certain exercises.

The target during the 15's isn't really a number of reps or sets. The target is to feel the burn in your muscles, because what the 15's are supposed to accomplish is to dunk yourself in lactic acid, so to speak. If you don't feel the burn, you aren't doing it right. So whether it takes you 2 sets of 15's, or 1 set of only 12 reps, as long as you end the exercise feeling the burn, then that's perfect.

Regards and good luck,
-JV

I definitally Feel the Burn, especially in squats and incline DB bench and biceps. I'm liking it. My first day of 15s was not as easy as i anticipated, the first sets were all good but the 2nd sets were much harder.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jvroig @ Aug. 30 2005,11:22)]The target during the 15's isn't really a number of reps or sets. The target is to feel the burn in your muscles, because what the 15's are supposed to accomplish is to dunk yourself in lactic acid, so to speak.
Yeah, can't say too much more than that. If I didn't get the burn after 15 reps, I would continue on with the reps until it hit or do a 2nd set.

HST - it's all about you.

-Colby

Back