2 types of cardio plus daily HST

rboit

I'm trying to do two things at once which probably is not smart. I need to get ready for a triathlon in a few months and my swimming and running need some work. However, I'd like to bulk up a bit too so I'm doing HST as an upper/lower split alternating every day. I do cardio after the HST session in the morning, usually 4 days per week.

My question is should I do the swimming on the same day as the upper body HST and the running on the lower body days or vice versa? I figured that since the swimming works primarily the upper body I'd do it on the same day as the upper body HST and do the running on leg day. The only problem with this is that the running is pretty tough after a leg workout but I'm afraid to work the same muscle groups every day with cardio one day and HST the next. Any thoughts?

do a search for cutting and bulking. it can be done if u have good genetics, on gear, or a noob. You're doing a lot there and i would keep calories way up to insure no loss in muscle/ fatigue and all. after 3 full HST cycles of trying to do both the best thing i did was make a decision to choose one goal at a time, cut or bulk. My results have been better than ever now. good luck.

Back