2 wormup sets on 5's

Avi1985

I know on 5's i should do 3 wormup sets.
5 reps with 50%
3 reps with 70%
1 rep with 90%
But it takes so much time to switch all the weights, so i prefer to do 2 wormup sets.
5-6 reps with 60-70%
1 rep with 100%
Is that ok?

Warm-ups will really help you to get the best from your training (now and especially when you are stronger) because they will prep your body for the work sets to come and will help you avoid unnecessary injuries.

Surely it doesn't take long to do a quick warm up? Just do a few reps with each warm up set and don't worry too much about exact %ages. So if you are squatting with 315, do 1 set with 135, 1 set with 225 and then hit your top sets. Just load the bar up to your working set load in a few steps. That way you are only ever adding. There's no switching.

You only need to do warm ups like this for your heaviest compounds. I only do a single quick warm up set for other exercises once I have lifted my heaviest loads for squats, deads, bench or rows etc.

Warm ups are fine.

Worm ups are what happens at the bottom of the Tequilla shot, Worm up
laugh.gif

Lol, ill take your advice, and add weights instead of switching. It means i have on the bar many light weights, instead of on heavy weight. So it even looks like i lift more then i realy am. :)

Yeah definitely don't skip any warm-ups. At least for me, it makes the heavy stuff seem even easier so I prefer to take the extra time on the lighter weights. Digging straight into the heavy stuff makes it seem twice as hard. Plus, the couple of minutes each workout you contribute to warming up might save you from a couple of MONTHS from an injury.

Back