20 min. bike ride before and after workout ok?

im all into saving money, so i ride my bike to the gym before and after I work out. my question is, is that bad for the legs especially because im under an hst session? is that too much cardio to do anyway?

if it is all right, should i just skip the cardio sessions on off days?

btw, the bike ride is at low-super low intensity, as to not tire myself when i get there.

thx!

NOTE: I could drive to the gym, but i only live 2 miles away, which is y i ride my bike

thats no problem just make sure you are getting a glucose or sports drink...and cardio on the of days is ok to make sure you are getting enough protein and carbs.

I run to the gym (almost a mile), and I still get good leg workouts... your legs are used to the unloaded work you put on them everyday. It's good to get your blood flowing before your WO anyways.

I usually have to run 3x a week for ROTC, and I make it through my leg exercises alright ;) You can experiment for yourself, try one cycle with cardio on off days, and one without and see if it makes a difference.

thx for the replies!

and yes, i do hst during my bulks which have about 4500 cals in everyday. im pretty sure i have sufficient amounts of carbs and protein pre-w

Back