250kg deadlift

He's a pretty solid looking guy. I know people would pick it apart and say he stiff legged it a bit or crap like that, but he pulled it and locked it out. Not a lot of people can say they've ever lifted more than 500 lbs so it's impressive either way.

Yeh, still half a ton no matter how you slice it.

If anything, I'd say stiff-legged form is harder.

Undoubtedly, you have to use the back a lot more and get very little drive from the legs.

Incidentally, I tend to do the same thing with max effort deads.

What's his bodyweight by the way?

From memory he's about 105kg and change. 5'10 in height, maybe 5'11 on a good day. He says he's never been cycling, so there's just some decent genetics re: those shoulders.

Undoubtedly, you have to use the back a lot more and get very little drive from the legs.
Sorry, but what stiffed legs do is put more work on your hams and glutes, lower back gets the stressing either way.
I know that at 250 lbs deads I'm not even allowed to say this, but it's true :)

If you don't realize that you get less involvement from the legs during the transitional portion of the deadlift when you basically remove the knee joint from the lift by unbending them prematurely then you are an idiot.

Seriously, do you realize how stupid it sounds to argue that you get more leg drive during a stiff leg deadlift than during a conventional deadlift? That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. You don't get more drive by keeping the knee joint from moving. You seem to be inexlicably, somehow, retardedly equating "leg drive" with "tension on the hamstrings" for some reason.

I guess that's why the world record for stiff leg deads is significantly higher than conventional deads. Oh wait, it's the other way around, as you would expect, seeing as how conventional deads get more leg drive than stiff leg.

What surprised me most in the vid was that the guy was able to try the lift a couple of times before it finally went up. That never ever happens for me. My second attempt would be worse than the first and the third worse than the second. I am almost as fatigued after a failed lift, even if it barely breaks the floor, than I am if I make the full lift. Are any of you guys able to do what this guy did?

I might try a second time but usually I call it quits after that. Getting it a little off the floor and then failing really seems to wipe me out.

Back