2nd Cycle down.

Jester.

I am doing the work. Like I said everything I eat is 100% measured and weighed. I calculate everything with the exception of Saturday. Where I have a cheat day. Usually a take away.

Back to body types. There must be different classifications or we would all put fat on exactly the same way. For example my mate has never exercised in his life has a desk job and eats way more than me. He gains weight but non of it goes to legs hips or butt so he can still look lean even though he is getting fat as it is just stomach.

I tried the calipers last night but I get a different measurement everytime I try it. It is also difficult to measure my thigh as the skin doesn't have much elasticity there. I measured many times and based on the readings that come up the most I am probably between 18% -20% body fat.

There aren't body types. Stop trying to use that as an excuse. As O&G said, you can change your body through diet and exercise no matter what. Guess what happens then? You somehow magically have a different body type. But if body types were real, you would never be able to change it. I was considered an ectomorph when I was younger until I wasn't an ectomorph anymore. That's because metabolism, fat storage patterns, etc are hormonal based. Not based on some magical phrenology-esque somatotyping science.

Here is what a few other people had to say about this pseudoscience that for some inexplicable reason (probably validation of their failures) people continue to believe in:
http://www.returnofkings.com/10722/the-3-somatotypes-are-bullshit

Last edited:
Great article Totz. A body type is merely a state of being at a specific point in time. One can be fat, skinny or athletic, depending on what he wants to look like and does whatever it takes to get there. I was the skinniest kid in my Junior High School and it was as embarrassing to me at the annual weigh in as it was for the fat kids. So I started weight lifting at age 13. 10 total sets of 8 to 12 reps 3 times per week following the advice of Bob Hoffman and John Grimek. By the time I was 17, I was the second strongest kid in school. The strongest was 8 inches taller than me and he too is still lifting and competing in RAW. People still ask me if I was a professional athlete. The truth is, I just am what I want to be and worked my ass to get there. No magic programs or pills. Just common sense. Yeah, I fell into traps like training each body part once per week, going to failure, etc. but stopped making gains. It was only when Bryan brought me back to earth and basics over 10 years ago that I got back on track.

HT 5'8"
WT 190
Arms 16.75"
Chest 47"
Waist 33-34"
Thighs 25"

I could probably handle up to 210 pounds but I was looking too big in clothes at 200 pounds for my liking so cut down to 190. I prefer a slimmer look.

I don't measure body fat. I just use a mirror. In the winter I bulk up about 10 pounds, (due mostly to less outdoor activity) and cut back in the late spring. I don't pretend to be in "contest shape" and do not want to be. Having your body fat % continuously too low is even more dangerous than having it too high (i.e., above 25%), especially for us old farts. I am still gaining some muscle so my "lean" weight may increase a bit. It has gone up 5 pounds this last year, mostly in my upper back which I concentrated on last winter.

Yes. I only drink water. When I was on my gaining diet I added some milk to make up carbs. but I counted the cals and macros

Honestly, at this point, go ask Rihad for help. You seem to be experiencing the same issues he was (diet not under control, despite thinking it is/was) and he's pretty small now but undeniably shredded. This is probably a better place to get started from than bulking/gaining right now, for you.

Back