A Decent MRP

Orion2012

Anybody know of a decent MRP and/or Pre/Post Workout Drink that won't cost more than my house? I've tried them all: Biotest, HSN, Osmo, AST, EAS, Optimum.... there's too many of them and I'm just not really sure which are decent and which are crap. Does "you get what you pay for," apply to the supplement industry?
:confused:

Well, Bryan offers a pre and post workout drink powder at this very site (click on the Products tab above). I have not tried 'em, so cannot offer an opinion.

Ecto Jim

the best thing to do is go with a reputable company such as those you have mentioned and stick with one for about 2-3 months and see how it works.
i used myoplex plus for about 4 years, they taste good and are of top quality. this was my staple protein powder/ meal replacement and i gained well (not on juice). if you live in the states they are about 25-30 dollers cheaper than in the uk so your lucky. stick with one you enjoy the taste of and keep it as a corner stone and check your diet in accordance with that.
hope this helps

Try Muscle Milk by Cyto Sport. This stuff tastes so good, its not even funny. The Orange and Banana are the best. It tastes much better than anything on the market, and I've tried them all. It has a higher fat content, but they are healthy fats which you need. Trust me on this one.
-Mark D

HSN is probably the best 'MRP' you can get. It's got fructooligosaccharides(special fiber) for intestinal health, some fish oil, and is high quality slow absorbing protein(1st ingredient is micellar casein) If you want more carbs in there(Personally, I'd rather eat something solid), just buy some bulk maltodextrin or grind up some oatmeal using a coffee grinder and toss it in. Or mix in some milk.

If you want a change of pace(in terms of flavors) the Labrada Lean-Body tropical MRPs(Banana Creme, Mango, etc) are quite good and are mostly milk isolate/casein.

I use three MRPs a day. Two are in the form of the Myoplex Lo Carb bars (Apple Cinnamon) and the third is the Myoplex shake (Chocolate Cream). They are high in protein and very tasty too.

For pre/post workout proteins use HSN's Primer and Driver. For a mrp (with carbs and vitamins) you can trust the Labrada label to bring you a high quality product.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chris Johnson @ Aug. 27 2002,11:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For pre/post workout proteins use HSN's Primer and Driver.  For a mrp (with carbs and vitamins) you can trust the Labrada label to bring you a high quality product.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Are the Labrada powders better tasting than their bars?

I bought a box of the coconut creme bars that supposedly won an award for flavor and found them quite disgusting.  I can eat just about anything (I used to drink those Weider powders about 10-15 years ago and could force those down without much problem), but could barely finish one of these....it was one of the worst tasting bars I ever ate.   They had that protein flavor (like all whey based bars), but the additional flavor was along the lines of soap (Palmolive to be exact! ).

As far as MRPs, I have tried them all the majpor brands and find them to taste similar.  Go with what is on sale; there are some really good deals on the 'net.   The new GNC MRPs are really not bad (with additional glutamine and creatine).

Back