AAS & Tolerances.

MrNasty

I want to know whether or not it is possible for the body to build a tolerance towards AAS (Test for instance) which would cause growth to stagnant??

Reason I ask is because I've been on Test Cyp @ 750mg for 10wks. I've not been able to put on any more weight and growth as seemingly stoped. I wetn from 180 to 196 and have remained at 196lbs for the last 3 to 4 weeks (probably longer).

Any opinions?

I'm debating on whether or not to end the cycle now or continue. I just dont see a point in continuing a cycle that is not producing gains.

HELP HELP HELP!!!

Eat more calories, i guarantee you'll start gaining again.

You just gained 16lbs in a month! Regardless of the length of time though, that's 16lbs of active tissue. You now have a higher maintenance level of caloric intake to mantain your bodyweight. Thus, increase the calories.

This was assumed, you did not mention your diet at all. If you've been eating more, than i don't know what the hell to tell you.
laugh.gif

It's probably more like six or seven pounds of water, a few of fat and the remainder is muscle. Even so that's a solid gain.There could be a billion reasons why gains stop. With one of the newer steroids on the market, Superdrol, gains seem to top out for almost everyone after three weeks regardless of what they eat.

I'm sure there are a lot of theories on why, my favorite is this: sh*t happens. And since the body is so complex and there's variances between individuals, who knows. But my advice would be the same. Eat more, and if that doesn't work, go into PCT and be happy with the gains, and try to keep them.

My diet is pretty clean for the most part. I do have my cheat days but protions are limited. I think on one hand I was eating to cleana nd on another I have not been eating enough. I blame the M1T I ran at the begining (wks 1-3) & mid way mark (wks 8-currently on) of this cycle. That stuff KILLs appitite.

I'll try upping the cals and monitoring progress. Lets see what Happens.

Also, how hard to you see PCT if I started right now verses starting in another 6 weeks?

M1T will completely shut you down within 3 days for most people. So to be honest, as far as ease of PCT it probably doesn't matter at this stage. If I were you I'd get some HCG as quickly as possible and start running it. That'll help get your nads back in order to make PCT a bit smoother. It is supressive itself though, so you want to limit its use during PCT. I would go to www.anabolicminds.com and look up "Swale's Protocol." It gives a good method for working HCG into PCT that has gotten good feedback on those boards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xahrx @ May 11 2005,4<!--emo&amp;
wow.gif
)]M1T will completely shut you down within 3 days for most people.  So to be honest, as far as ease of PCT it probably doesn't matter at this stage.  If I were you I'd get some HCG as quickly as possible and start running it.  That'll help get your nads back in order to make PCT a bit smoother.  It is supressive itself though, so you want to limit its use during PCT.  I would go to www.anabolicminds.com and look up &quot;Swale's Protocol.&quot;  It gives a good method for working HCG into PCT that has gotten good feedback on those boards.

That was pretty much my assumption, which is why I made arangments to get HCG.  I should have it in the next few weeks (hopefulyl by this weekend).  I was told to use it the first 10 days of PCT at 1,000iu ED.  Since I'll be &quot;ON&quot; for a few more weeks, I was thinking of doing 250iu or 500iu 2x a week until PCT (perferably the same day I inject the Test (Mondays &amp; Thursdays)) and then 1000iu the first 10 days of PCT.

What do you think?

SWALE is the man ... I've been reading quit a bit on his HRT regimens and protocols.  I dont plan on being on HRT any time soon, but I know it might be a necessary treatment for me in the future (because of my AAS use now and at such an early age).  I'll definitely check out his standings on PCT and HCG.
Anything else you think we can cover while we're here?  I'd like to cover all bases.  I've already got a pretty good plan regarding diet and training during PCT.  If you want, I'd liek to run those by you as well.

Well, let me just post it here, right now:
Since I'm doing a 2on/1off/2on/2off upper/lower split, using 2-3 exercises per muscle group with 2-3 sets per exercises, I was going to (during PCT) cut it back to Full body 3x a week (M-W-F) using only 2 exercises per muscle group and 2 sets per exercises. Since I made sure not to surpass my NATTY RMs, the load should stay consitant and I should be able to continue lifting heavy (as normal). I will also go from training to failure, to training to sub failure -- making sure I stick to a certain rep count during each movement.

Cardio will be kept at a minimum of 2x to 3x a week, and will only be performed in the mornings after a protien shake in water, maybe some light carbs (a banana). This should help, a little, in efforts to perserve LBM.

Also, on top of the PCT assistance, I'll be using DHEA, Tribulus Terrestris, &amp; Horny Goat Weed to name a few (not all together). I find trib helps a lot post cycle. Hopefully these other will help as well.  I'll also be taking Red Yeast Rice for lipid profile.

Other sups i'll be using:
Creatine
L-Carnitine
BCAA
Glutamine
Arginine
Garlic
Milk Thistle
Saw P.
Cranberry extract
Fish Oil
Vit E &amp; C

As for diet, I'm going to keep the cals high. The cardio should help combat BF gain and the excess cals should help LBM retention (I hope). I'm going back to the old preplanned frozen prepared meals. This is where I have a cook off one day out of the week, making an asortment of goodies, and freeze them. That way they are handy and ready to eat when its time. Its so conveinent.

How is that? Do you see where I might make any changes?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrNasty @ May 11 2005,5:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That was pretty much my assumption, which is why I made arangments to get HCG. I should have it in the next few weeks (hopefulyl by this weekend). I was told to use it the first 10 days of PCT at 1,000iu ED. Since I'll be &quot;ON&quot; for a few more weeks, I was thinking of doing 250iu or 500iu 2x a week until PCT (perferably the same day I inject the Test (Mondays &amp; Thursdays)) and then 1000iu the first 10 days of PCT.
What do you think?
SWALE is the man ... I've been reading quit a bit on his HRT regimens and protocols. I dont plan on being on HRT any time soon, but I know it might be a necessary treatment for me in the future (because of my AAS use now and at such an early age). I'll definitely check out his standings on PCT and HCG.
Anything else you think we can cover while we're here? I'd like to cover all bases. I've already got a pretty good plan regarding diet and training during PCT. If you want, I'd liek to run those by you as well.

Trust Swale. I've never had to do anything that required HCG, I can only refer on that one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Since I'm doing a 2on/1off/2on/2off upper/lower split, using 2-3 exercises per muscle group with 2-3 sets per exercises, I was going to (during PCT) cut it back to Full body 3x a week (M-W-F) using only 2 exercises per muscle group and 2 sets per exercises. Since I made sure not to surpass my NATTY RMs, the load should stay consitant and I should be able to continue lifting heavy (as normal). I will also go from training to failure, to training to sub failure -- making sure I stick to a certain rep count during each movement.

The volume will be essentially the same in PCT. May even go up the way you've planned it. Stick to the split, lower it to one set per exercise. Or you could go on/off/on/off. Trick during PCT is to lower the volume but to try and keep the weight as high as possible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cardio will be kept at a minimum of 2x to 3x a week, and will only be performed in the mornings after a protien shake in water, maybe some light carbs (a banana). This should help, a little, in efforts to perserve LBM.

Keep cardio under 60% of your max heart rate. Make sure you eat the carbs before the cardio.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, on top of the PCT assistance, I'll be using DHEA, Tribulus Terrestris, &amp; Horny Goat Weed to name a few (not all together). I find trib helps a lot post cycle. Hopefully these other will help as well. I'll also be taking Red Yeast Rice for lipid profile.
Other sups i'll be using:
Creatine
L-Carnitine
BCAA
Glutamine
Arginine
Garlic
Milk Thistle
Saw P.
Cranberry extract
Fish Oil
Vit E &amp; C

If I recall correctly the most likely way tribulus is assumed to help some people is by stimulating DHEA, so you may be able to ditch the tribulus. I'd look into that though. Dr D. on the anabolicminds board has some good ideas about using DHEA in PCT, I'd look them up. As far as the list, creatine, BCAA, milk thistle, fish oil and the vitamins are the only necessities I see on there. As far as the milk thistle, it's good for keeping liver enzymes in check while on a cycle, but if you've done any damage it won't fix it. Off cycle I consider it less useful. If you're going to use arginine, you may as well use it with lysine in a 1:1 ration. Over time that can promote higher levels of GH production and help you retain muscle and burn fat. Otherwise the only benefit I see in arginine run solo is the pumps it helps give. Psychologically great. Physiologically may as well be useless based on what we know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for diet, I'm going to keep the cals high. The cardio should help combat BF gain and the excess cals should help LBM retention (I hope). I'm going back to the old preplanned frozen prepared meals. This is where I have a cook off one day out of the week, making an asortment of goodies, and freeze them. That way they are handy and ready to eat when its time. Its so conveinent.
How is that? Do you see where I might make any changes?

There's a thread at anaboliminds called Restoring My Lipd Profile after an SD Cycle, or something like that. Look it up, it was a very successful PCT stack for that purpose.

OK er..

Is everyone taking steroids while doing HST ??

Is the Gain thread with people using em ?

If so dang.. i thought i was gonna see impressive gains as im natural..

No. I believe the majority of people on this site do not use AAS.

Note that I'm not saying using AAS means you are a cheater or something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xcalibur @ May 14 2005,7:07)]OK er..
Is everyone taking steroids while doing HST ??
Is the Gain thread with people using em ?
If so dang.. i thought i was gonna see impressive gains as im natural..
I think Totentanz is right. Very few people here are using AAS. I myself am not using AAS right now, though I have in the past and likely will again in the future. HST, if done right, will provide natural gains that beat the hell out of any other exercise regimen. You'll never get huge on HSTor any other exercise program without AAS. What HST will do is help you get near your genetic potential for size faster than other programs. It's not going to naturally give anyone 23&quot; arms though.

Back