Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old and Grey

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have tried to be supportive of this forum, HST and the HSN products but when sarcastic little boys like Aaron F. are continually allowed, month after month, to run around and insult knowledgeable people like Hale with mindless trash-talking, I don't see a rosey future for this site anymore. It's turning into just another site for internet thugs to spew the venom they are afraid to spew face-to-face. I don't need the aggravation. Sorry guys. Good luck in the future.
sad.gif

Old & Grey

Sorry to hear that, wish you could just ignore these guys!

Nothing more than another A.H. making himself heard as you said!

We can't afford to have this happening to a clean forum like ours, time for Bryan to flex some muscle.

BOSS!!!!!

O&G,
Don't bail on us!!! The posts I follow closely are yours and dkm. By reading your posts, I have tweeked my third HST cycle and I'm loving it. I will concure with you on the sarcasm.
By the way, how did the seated DB shrugs I talked about work for you?

O & G sayit ain't so. I really really enjoy your thoughts and wisdom. How about giving it a rest for a few weeks and then re-enter? Think of it a strategic deconditioning.

Bob

og why let arsholes win.everybody knows how knowledgeble you are, you and a couple of others dkm,jv,etc have helped me enornously and i have only been on the site a short while.i hope you rethink it.
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
sad.gif

Old and Gray I am shocked to see this post, I like others really enjoy your posts, along with the other greats like DKM, Vicious..and so on. Take a break for a week or too, but please reconsider.

That being said in the mean time I think we all need to let Bryan know what is going on, I know that he intended this forum for guys like old and Gray and not the other a$$ wipes, who are getting out of hand.

Like someone said earlier it is time for Bryan to flex some forum muscle.

Hope to see you O&G in a week or two!

O&G, I also find your posts very informative, I hope you stick around.

O & G,

I am begging you DON"T GO AWAY!

Not to take anything away from anyone else, but I follow your posts more closely than anyone elses.

You are one of the most sincere posters on this forum. It is very inspiring to see an older feller(and I don't mean that bad) out work us young bucks, and then tell us how you do it.

I was so excited the first time you responded to one of my posts!

Like Bob Evans Said up a couple of post "How about giving it a rest for a few weeks and then re-enter? Think of it a strategic deconditioning."

And if you decide not to come back, I wish you the very best in everything you do!

Thanks,
b0xm0ns73r

O & G,

Hope you will reconsider and hang around. Like me, you are old enough to realize that there are a$$holes everywhere - you just gotta ignore them - you can't just step aside and let them take over. I'm sure if you train at a public gym, there are guys strutting around like peacocks all full of themselves - this place and places like it are no different. Just gotta let it go.

There are certain people here that I just don't read what they say because I know they are gonna piss me off or they seem to be on some great ego trip that I don't care to be a passenger on.

Petty attacks happen in all forums because people don't have to be accountable. You can't see them, they can post pictures but sometimes I wonder if it's really them, etc.etc In other words, just let it go.

Hope you'll stay and share your experience with the younger guys - that way they don't follow the wrong people. Plus I need you here - without you I might be the oldest guy - LOL

At any rate, I still have your email address and will reach you there if you don't hang around

Take Care
Firm

I agree with firm & other posts.

Unfortunately forums tend to be a reflection of life itself, where there are givers and takers, good and bad, peacemakers and warmongers. Problem is the anonimity factor of the forum tends to distort the percentage split a little.

There are people who talk but say nothing, and those who even through a computer screen, you know have something worthwhile to say, and you sit up and take notice of. O & G amongst others is placed firmly in the latter category.I've only ever had good positive responses to the posts made on this forum.

By saying adios you're hurting a. youself (you obviously have a love of the sport) and b. 99% of the forum members who value integrity. Unfortunately the remaining 1% who have brought about this situation will not blink an eye.

Reconsider.

All the best
Gazz

man o&g please stay. You are inspiration for all of us! Even though i am pretty far from old and gray i'm sure i can learn great things from your posts as i have been the past few years. Please reconsider, if not posting at least stay with the forum! maybe with the pm's and such? Take it easy big guy, we hope to see you around still.

pzhang

Old and Grey I've only been on the forum for a couple of weeks but I enjoy your posts and your fun, postive attitude about training.  I also have been turned off to some of the comments made on the forum, especially the ones directed at an entire profession(chiropractors).  I hope you decide to stay and good luck.

the hamma
)
=============================================)
)

O&G, you are too valuable a member of this community to up and leave over a dispute over research--that is the purpose of this forum. I am assuming the thread that has upset you is this one: Here
Having read the thread, it is clear that Aaron_F was simply trying to argue over research, albeit in a crude, unsophisticated and sarcastic fashion. The argument ensued over a debate about research and the citation of various studies--this is proper and important as all ideas should at least be challenged in order to determine their values.
What was unfortunate is the manner in which Aaron_F handled the debate and his inability to argue effectively--he cited studies but failed in the delivery of his point due to sarcasm and a clear sense of frustration.
All things effect one another in a relative fashion--I cannot dictate the thresholds of an individual's tolerance--but I implore you to reconsider whether an inefficient and crude argument is really worth departing from this forum. All the best.

Aw, I just read that thread. Its too bad. But I can totally see your annoyance. The problem is that, while there is research on some of these topics, the studies seldom go to the extreme that bodybuilders do. I mean, how many studies refer to a 23 year old male who requires 4000 calories for maintainance, is 200 pounds and eats 500g of protein per day? Probably none. So speculative comments are sometimes the only ones to be made.

It is too bad you feel this way O&G, it will be a loss for the forum as I value your input and wit.

However, I also value AF's input as well. His style is short and to the point and perhaps a little confrontational. But I do not believe it is meant to be personal or mean spirited.

I hope you reconsider your decision and continue to be a valuable member of the forum.

I ask you to please reconsider. This forum will have a HUGE hole in it if you depart. In the month I've been a part of this community, it's people like you, dkm, and others that have helped me get started in HST. I check these boards everyday as a source of info and motivation.

I'm not asking you to stay for everyone else, that would be unfair. You have got to do what is best for you. Just know that there are people here who look forward to reading your posts and are eager to get replies from you in their threads. Someone of your experience can not be replaced. You are a leader in this community and if you do decide for certain to leave, thank you for all you have done and know you will be sorely missed.

Sincerely,
Chris

I have great respect for you O&G. It's hard to lose a valuable member, I enjoyed ease dropping on a lot of your posts and have changed my program with great results. I think you have to look at the whole picture and see the good advice newbie and others get from your posts. Aaron is also someone I have great respect for as I first came upon him over at Lyles. Not one to be subtle but I respect the fact that he will go after anyone to show proof with a study. I look forward to reading more post by you and also Aaron; this would be, in my view too big a loss. :confused:

wow.gif
8-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ July 30 2005,12
wow.gif
8)]Its sad when the response to somebody questioning your beliefs is running away.
O & G is smart enough to know that anything he says from this point on will make no difference - you obviously have all the answers.  
worship.gif

worship.gif

worship.gif

worship.gif

Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back