Advanced advices for newbie (program inside)

Tantra

Hi everyone,

I have reading a lot about HST, I have configure my routine using official HST system and some advices of experience users. I am newie on this and I am really motivated to start asap. Can you please give me some advice about program and help me with a couple of doubts.

1- (LEG) WU+Squat | Leg press
2- (LEG) WU+Leg curl feets in \/ | Leg curl feets in /\
3- (CHEST)+ Tricpes WU+Bench 40º | Dips
4- (BACK)+ Biceps WU+Chin | Rows
5- (SHOULDER)+Triceps WU+arnold militar
6- (TRAPS) Shrugs
7- (BICEPS) DB curls
8- (TRICEPS)+Chest Tricpes dips
9- (BICEPS)+Forearm DB curl with
10-(CALVES)* WU+Calf raise feets in \/ | Calf raise feets in Genelos /\

Alternative exercises are separated by a | bar
*In calves I will make between 15-30 reps.

When I design it I was thinking on priorize chest, biceps-triceps, and leg. Due to that I have decided to use 2 isolate exercises and also various basic exercises that includes my prioritary muscles. The result, measured in number of impacts is this:

Tricpes+3 impacts
Biceps+3 impacts
Pierna+2 impacts
Pecho+2 impacts
Espalda+1 impacts
Hombro+1 impacts
Trapacio+1 impacts
Gemelos+1 impacts

I wonder if is correct or if this could cause a overload in the prioritary muscles

Regarding to sets and rep I have configure this scheme based on HST users advices:

12 MR -> week odd: 1 sets week pair: 1.5 sets
9 MR -> week odd: 2 sets week pair: 2 sets
5 MR -> week odd: 3 sets week pair: 3 sets
N MR -> week odd: 3 sets week pair: 3 sets

I also have a couple questions bacause I have not find the information on the posts:

1.-I see that some people don’t do the week of negatives ¿Is this convinient?
2.-Due to change exercieses. Do you think is better change it on a day basis or in a set basis?

Example:
Monday: squat and Wednesday: leg pres. Or during all 2 sets or more, squat -rest-Leg press

3.-If you finish one set and you still feel that you can do more reps. It will be good to make drop sets? without rest take the half load out and make all the reps that you can.
Thanks

Some help please. I am just waiting to solve this questions before starting my HST program

Thanks

My advice is don't prioritise bodyparts, work them all equally. Don't underestimate how important the delts are in the appearance of big arms, especially with a shirt on. Remember Arnie's classic advice in Pumping Iron, "if I put an inch on here, I have to put an inch on there".

Pretty much everyone hear will tell you to drop the leg press, its just a machine version of a squat, and so not as good.

Tantra

I would change to the following:

1- (LEG)                                  squat | dead Lift
2- (CHEST                               dips/20 degree incline
bench press
3- (BACK)                               chin | rows
4- (SHOULDER)                       arnold military
5- (TRAPS)                              shrugs                  
6- (BICEPS)                           curls  
7- (TRICEPS)                          close grip BP

I would only do drop sets once you have hit your rep max.

Change up on a day basis or even only when beginning a new cycle.

Many people do an extra week of their 5 maxes instead of doing negs.

Buenos Suerte!

Thanks for your comments amigos.I have just realized that I forget to translate to english part of the post, sorry for that.

I will follow your advices. But please I still need some clarification:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Many people do an extra week of their 5 maxes instead of doing negs.</div>

But what is preferible? I mean If you have a partner that could help you what do you do? 3 sets x 5 or 3 sets of negatives.?

Thanks for your help but now a big question comes to my mind:

If I dont make Leg curl what will happen with the back of my leg. I mean squats dont work doirecty on this area. The same will happen with calves.

I suppose that when you recoment not to include 9- (BICEPS)+Forearm DB curl with or Ticeps dips is because you thought that this could mean an overtraining of my arms.

In the case of doing some aerobics I can choose between:
Swiming at 8. AM the same day that I go to the gim (I used to go at 7.PM )
Doing Kickboxing at the end of the gim sets.
What do you thinks is better?

smile.gif

<div>
(Tantra @ Oct. 02 2006,15:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In the case of doing some aerobics I can choose between:
Swiming at 8. AM the same day that I go to the gim (I used to go at 7.PM )
Doing Kickboxing at the end of the gim sets.
What do you thinks is better?</div>
Why not do/alternate both? Since you obviously enjoy doing both if you're willing to get up so early
smile.gif

Back