all day arm blast

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_eagleba
  • Start date Start date
<div>
(eagleba @ Feb. 20 2007,21:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think I will try to cut down on some bodyfat to see if this makes them look a little better. Thanks again for the responses.</div>
Half-ROM weighted chin ups and heavy shrugs or deadlifts WITH straps, so you can focus on your bis and backs instead of your grip.

For the more important tri muscles-- heavy 5 board presses (kind of hard on the els), and skullcrushers (if your elbows can handle them--mine can't).

Also, STONES. I haven't made my stone yet, but I've worked with stones before and they really give your arms a ferocious workout (as well as everything else).

Steve, I am assuming that ROM is range of motion meaning partial reps? I already do heavy shrugs with straps (in the 400 pound range) and they have certainly helped.

Also, please help me to understand what 5 board presses are. I am very curious. I do skull crushers, but pushed the weight a little too much this last go around and felt quite a bit of pain in my elbows.

<div>
(eagleba @ Feb. 20 2007,22:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Steve, I am assuming that ROM is range of motion meaning partial reps? I already do heavy shrugs with straps (in the 400 pound range) and they have certainly helped.

Also, please help me to understand what 5 board presses are. I am very curious. I do skull crushers, but pushed the weight a little too much this last go around and felt quite a bit of pain in my elbows.</div>
Weighted under handed chin ups, only going to where your triceps are parallel to the floor, then back down.

5 board press---nail five 2x4's (i actually prefer 2x6's) together and have someone hold them on your torso while you bench press.
http://asp.elitefts.com/images/upload/qa/5-Board-Press.jpg

If you have a power rack, you can do the same thing by adjusting the spotter bars (although I prefer the board press). If you cover the top board with foam, then it gets really difficult because you can't bounce.

Anyway, this is just what pushed me past the plateau you are encountering. Forgetting about your size and focusing on strength is what makes growth happen for me.

Just be careful and pay attention to any pain you have in your joints. It takes a long time for collagen to rebuild in your tendons.

That lady should be paying attention to what she's doing, not posing for the freeking camera!
laugh.gif

Nice T&amp;A though...

Yeah, I gottta admit that my wife almost got all over me after clicking that link. I said, &quot;but honey, it is an instructional picture on gaining strength and size&quot;. As you can guess, she did not believe me so I had to show her the entire thread. Maybe I was looking a little to close
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Feb. 21 2007,08:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">COPYRIGHT 2005 Weider Publications</div>Nuff said
rock.gif
</div>
Exactly !

Quad, it wasn't the first time. But I gotta a pretty cool wife. She let's me look around a little when we're on Lake Lanier. Lots of thongs
wink.gif

As far as the partial weighted pull ups go, I am now a big believer. I hit a quick workout at lunch and incorporated these in. Not too much weight since I want to continually add resistance. Thanks for all the advice.

Back