Alternatives to andro?

LAPaul

Hi guys,
This is my first post here.  I've been doing HST workouts for about a year now with great results.  Before the ban, I stocked up on andro.  I've been taking small amounts of it before my workouts and getting GREAT results.  I also like it because for me it doesn't have the steroid side effects.  
Sadly, my stock of andro is almost gone now.  Is there anything out there now that is just as good (or better), and legal?  (I've tried the usual stuff (tribulus, etc.), and it doesn't come close.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LAPaul @ Dec. 29 2005,5:17)]Hi guys,
This is my first post here.  I've been doing HST workouts for about a year now with great results.  Before the ban, I stocked up on andro.  I've been taking small amounts of it before my workouts and getting GREAT results.  I also like it because for me it doesn't have the steroid side effects.  
Sadly, my stock of andro is almost gone now.  Is there anything out there now that is just as good (or better), and legal?  (I've tried the usual stuff (tribulus, etc.), and it doesn't come close.)
I'd be surprised at good results from regular old andro. Look up the message board Anabolic Minds. Your questions are more suited to that forum, and you'll find a lot more info there on this subject than here.

Anyone else have any comments on this new product....looks good...but anything can be made to look good on the net. I see that NO2 is one of their three "stack products" and I haven't seen too many great reviews on it, but I have never tried it myself

Not to diss Gaspari's stuff as I've never tried Novedex, it's no different than any other test booster out there that works along similar lines. A true andro replacement would be more like Superdrol, Pheraplex, ErgoMax LMG, Halodrol or Methyl TRN, etc. Andro was a steroid. A weak and not so good one, but a steroid none the less, and some people responded okay to it.

So if you want to use an estrogen blocker/aromatase inhibitor to boost test levels go ahead. It's a good route, might give some decent gains and I would say is generally safer than using roids. However it's not really a true replacement for andro. Every since prohormones were banned and companies realized they could sell more powerfull steroids that weren't specifically illegal yet, the days of andro and other relatively weak prohormones were essentially over. Why sell a prohormone to testosterone with low conversion and activity that won't really give results when you can dig up a much more active compound that was researched before and not pursued for whatever reason?

So which one is the best? Anyone had any experience with them or how to use them?

Superdrol, Pheraplex, ErgoMax LMG, Halodrol or Methyl TRN, etc.

Depends on who you ask as to which one is better. People have different needs, risk reward ratios, etc. They're all very good lean mass gainers. Methyl TRN and Halodrol are relatively new, not too much feedback or bloodwork on them yet. Between Superdrol, Erogmax LMG and Pheraplex, I'd go with the Emax or Phereplex. They give good mass gains by all reports and from what little info there is on the subject, seem to be somewhat easier on your lipid/liver profiles.

Hey!
xahrx, when you say " I would say is generally safer than using roids", how safe is these boosters then? I mean- in a long term perpective, we know what consequences roids have. But what about products such as this?
:) . Thanks for reading
Cherio

[b said:
Quote[/b] (epsilon @ Jan. 04 2006,7:53)]Hey!
xahrx, when you say " I would say is generally safer than using roids", how safe is these boosters then? I mean- in a long term perpective, we know what consequences roids have. But what about products such as this?
:) . Thanks for reading
Cherio

The long term effects of roids are debatable. As far as the AIs are concerned I can't see any major long term effects from hormonal imbalances as generally small as they cause. Women have used them to fight breast cancer for quite some time and they seem to be maintainable over the long term, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. Your hormones are never in balance anyway really. Some products like ATD aren't to friendly to your lipid profile. The best safety measure is to use common sense and cycle off like everything else. I wouldn't do more than 8 weeks on an AI and I'd follow the on period by a tapering down of the dose.

It also depends on the boosting method too. AIs will block estrogen formation so your HPTA thinks there's less T than there actually is, and will up T levels. SHBG binders like nettle root, a sativa and tongkat ali are getting popular too. They're supposed to bind to SHBG, freeing up biologically unavailable testosterone. The end result of prolonged use of these would be lower total T levels but higher free T levels, the end result of which if this state is maintained isn't really known. The free testosterone leaves your system quicker, but is also free to act on the AR receptor while it's there, and to aromatize into estrogen, the latter leading to the lower total T levels. Not much is known about how some are supposed to increase T levels or libido, which aren't necessarily the same, so it's hard to judge.

Overall, I'm coming to the opinion that if you're not willing to do roids, spend your extra money on as much chicken and rice as possible, save 20-30 a month for creatine, and forget the supplements as the difference they are likely to make isn't really that big.

Hey,
Ok, but with for example the novedex- anyone know if it makes your test levels go down when your done with the cycle? Its just that i feel i yo yo my lifestyle enought with the cutting bulking thing going. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (epsilon @ Jan. 05 2006,9:31)]Hey,
Ok, but with for example the novedex- anyone know if it makes your test levels go down when your done with the cycle? Its just that i feel i yo yo my lifestyle enought with the cutting bulking thing going.  :)
They will go down slightly but nothing like as with steroid suppression. Your test will be up on cycle, go down after and you might vary a bit until it normalizes. That's why you should taper the dose down, to get your test and hopefully other hormone levels as close to your natural baselines as possible.

forgive my ignorance on this subject but are these products legal under the U.S. bans that were put on about Andro?

Just want to make sure that Mr. Policeman won't be visiting me if I order any of it.

thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (firefighter2032 @ Jan. 05 2006,1:44)]forgive my ignorance on this subject but are these products legal under the U.S. bans that were put on about Andro?
Just want to make sure that Mr. Policeman won't be visiting me if I order any of it.
thanks
Depends. There are versions out on the market that are legal. There are also AIs that are rx only, so those would be illegal to posses without a prescription. Unless of course you have a bunch of rats, hamsters or what not you'd like to do some research on.

yeah, jeezes Ive been struggling to find out if novedex is legal here in Norway.
If anyone knows, this is the time to surrender the information :)
Pleasy forgive my ingorance on this subject, but rx??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (epsilon @ Jan. 05 2006,6:58)]yeah, jeezes Ive been struggling to find out if novedex is legal here in Norway.
If anyone knows, this is the time to surrender the information :)
Pleasy forgive my ingorance on this subject, but rx??

Go here: www.anabolicminds.com

Lots of people there have run AI/test booster only cycles of things like Rebound XT, Novedex, etc. Also I think there are quite a few non US members who could give you a heads up on the legal status of certain substances in your area.

Any idea then if the one uses ONLY novedex, if it would make estrogen values higher when you stop taking it?
Thanks in advance

[b said:
Quote[/b] (epsilon @ Jan. 09 2006,3:03)]Any idea then if the one uses ONLY novedex, if it would make estrogen values higher when you stop taking it?
Thanks in advance
There is the possibility for what's called estrogen rebound anytime you mess with natural test levels. Taper the dose and you'll likely minimize this effect. If you manage to get your natural test up, when you discontinue the product you'll have higher levels free to aromatize. So, taper down the dose, gradually remove the test booster and you're less likely to deal with estrogen problems.

Ok, thanks man. You have been really helpfull.
Heavy Duty dude. Keep me posted on the Novedex xt if you try it out and anything you hear!
Thanks again to everyone!

Back