ammonia

shakeel

in my workouts everytime i sweat i smell strongly of ammonia.what is going on?inefficient use of protein?

You are probably on low carbs, right? When dieting low carb, ketones will exit the body through sweat and saliva. You may also get a strange salty/sour taste in your mouth. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it, but I do think that it seems to get better with time.

I get this but I do go relatively low carb during the week (100grams or less). I was a bit worried by the smell at first. It was really strong. I drink enough water so that`s not it. It`s not good but it does beat normal BO which really stinks
blush.gif

I used to get this REALLY strong before I started doing HST.... I still do get it sometimes, but it's no where what it used to be... Like you, I've been concerned about it too. I asked my doctor about it, and he said it maybe caused by a break down of muscle since ammonia is a by product. Another opinion came from Kate. I can't remember what she said, but if you search the archives, I'm sure you'll find my old question w/her answer...

Back