Anyone foresee and issue here

yes

Im still on the fence, not sure whether to tackle this idea or just stick with what ive been doing and simply changing the 2X10s to 2X10,5...yeah...knowing that im doing 20 total reps in the 10's bugs me...haha

Im leaning towards the decending rep scheme to provide more and more rest, as the load increases, as in all truth, im more concerned with the weight im pushing at the end of the 5's than any actual muscle gain. So far, Im impressed that each cycle my max poundage has gone up 10 across the board.

O & G

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe it's age related, but I find that I make my best gains doing one set of three exercises per major bodypart in giant set fashion, period. It doesn't matter whether I am doing 15 reps or 5 reps.</div>

That still works out more or less the same as doing one exercise fro 3 sets, except that it may be better to hit from different angles and using the giant set concept, that is what I think makes the difference.
wink.gif

need....

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Im still on the fence, not sure whether to tackle this idea or just stick with what ive been doing and simply changing the 2X10s to 2X10,5...yeah...knowing that im doing 20 total reps in the 10's bugs me...haha</div>

IMO. either way would be OK, you may actually benefit from the 20 reps during 10's, other options are to drop one set during the second week of each rep scheme if the weight gets too heavy...once again...listen to your body...it ends up being the best thing to do, and most times leads to best gains as you are able to focus better because of having slowed down somewhat but still keeping the intensity very much alive....thus TUT
wink.gif

Back