Area Specific Exercises

precious_roy

Hello all,
A question about 2 areas:
1) Posterior Deltoids. Does anyone do exercises (other than overhead press, etc.) for this area? I only mention it because it is specifically pointed out in the first routine mentioned in the HST manual. I do not favor overhead behind-the-back barbell press; I think that it puts you in too vulnerable a position. Just a personal opinion.
2) Inner pectorals major. My inner-sternal chest development seems to be lagging behind my outer-clavicular. Is this common? And in terms of good compound exercises, are there any that would put more emphasis on the inner chest I could work into a HST routine?

Also, side note: I have seen many posts in which it is advised against doing Deadlifts and Squats on the same day. I do this and do not seem to have a problem (although I am sure I lift significantly less weight than 99% of the people on this board). Squats are primarily leg extension and Deadlifts leg flexion, so I would not see the problem with muscle groups. Is there a reason other than fatigue that this should not be done?

Thanks for the input.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (precious_roy @ Feb. 28 2005,8:56)]Hello all,
 A question about 2 areas:
 1) Posterior Deltoids.
 2) Inner pectorals major.

Also, side note: I have seen many posts in which it is advised against doing Deadlifts and Squats on the same day.
Thanks for the input.
1) I do rear delt flyes
2) Get a time machine and pick different parents. In all seriousness though, inner chest is more about genetics than anything. Try making your chest bigger and hopefully it will fill in. ;)

I'd almost recommend doing squats and deadlifts on the same day. In my upcoming routine, I'll be doing full squats and RDL for lower body workout number one, and in lower body workout number two, I'll be doing leg press and leg curls. I'll be going 6 days per week so that's nearly five days without hammering the lower back again. If you were going 3 days a week, it would be the same story. You get better recovery of the lower back that way in my opinion.

If you deadlifted one day, and squatted the next, you'd be hammering the lower back everyday.

Back