Article I stumbled upon

Slaps

I totally agree with Morgoth here...its bound to hit a stop someday...but enjoy the ride...nothing wrong with milking something that works well.
wink.gif

<div>
(Slapshotz @ Jul. 05 2007,15:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">.  It took me nearly 12 years to finally strike a combo that gave me good muscularity, and I'm hesitent to break with a formula that's working
smile.gif
</div>
nice one mate if its working keep it up
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

One of life's lessons that took me forever to lean (and STILL I eff it up sometimes), is the simple rule &quot;don't fix what ain't broken.&quot;
smile.gif

I know one day I will either, a, become bored with strenght training, or b, hit my genetic ceiling as to how strong I can get. Either way, the train ride will come to an end someday. But, I've bought my ticket, and I'm going to stay onboard until the conductor kicks my a$$ off!
laugh.gif

Hopefully the conductor takes his time.

Hey...keep going mate, nothing wrong with the approach, we just don't want to see a fellow HSTer &quot;burning out&quot; for not yielding!
wink.gif

For those who are interested,

THere was a stduy done very recently that took a group and blocked their testosterone production, vs a group that didn't.

THe low test group still grew, albeit not to the same as those who had normal production levels but they still grew.

This is my mind proves that yes, endogenous test production is involved in growth but is only a secondary messenging system and not the primary means.

Back to this article, the whole GH/Test/Cortisol hormone relationship has been over hyped so long now that most believe it to be very important when in actuality these changes are very transient and generally any increase in these hormones fall back to basal levels within minutes after the exercise ceases. Yet PS remains elevated for 24-96 hours, so again they may be a secondary messenger and aid in kicking off the appropriate response but as a whole there are other items that are far more invovled.

Lastly his statement about damage is a bit misleading as it implies that the more severe the damage is the larger the growth response will be, this is strethcing the truth a bit, at the least.

dan from some of the reading i have been doing lately,it seems that the rise you get in gh/test is negated by the rise in cortisol,so would it not be better to make sure you minimise the rise in cortisol by pre feulling and not staying to long in the gym.

<div>
(faz @ Jul. 09 2007,10:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">dan from some of the reading i have been doing lately,it seems that the rise you get in gh/test is negated by the rise in cortisol,so would it not be better to make sure you minimise the rise in cortisol by pre feulling and not staying to long in the gym.</div>
Well it's not really negated.

You may be able to lessen the rise in cortisol through proper pre-fueling and then again maybe not, what I mean is there is a littany of studies saying you can and littany saying you can't, it's simply a biological sequence to liberate fuel for the body.

I think what is far more important than owrrying about these transient changes is how the body adapts to this stress. So I'll touch on it briefly.

Whenever you subject your body to unfamilar stress cortisol will raise, but as you continue to subject the body to the stress it begins to lessen this rise, IOW we adapt.

So for instance, you are a complete newb who has never worked out before, your first few weeks of working out will have a higher cortisol response than after you've it done for a couple months. Yet, in a complete newb this is also the same time that the most growth is occuring, so how critical is cortisol to negating growth. Interestingly, after this newb has been working out for a year and the cortisol response has lessened quite a bit, growth has slowed as well.

So if cortisol truly negated growth then wouldn't an experienced lifter have more growth after he's been training for some time? Or wouldn't a newb not grow at all?

So you can see that the whole idea of cortisol being this wicked little hormone that stops growth or causes obscene amounts of fat accumulation around our guts is based mostly on the overhype and misuse of scientific studies that some show a small minute advantage to controlling cortisol.

In other words, don't worry about something that 1. you have little control of anyway 2. something that has, in reality a small impact and 3. Worry more about simple things like a. proper nutrition and b. proper training, and consistency of applying both a and b.

Back