BARK AT THE MOON

RUSS

W/O#1
Saturday , Aug. 25 (after 13 day SD - most of it sick)

*Progression is:
2x10,1x10
2x8,1x8
2x5,1x5
3x3, singles

*Rests are not timed , I pace , get water , get psyched and go again - probably around 2-3 minutes total if I had to venture a guess.

FLAT BENCH
2x10@282

INCLINE BENCH
2x10@256

CHEST SUPPORTED ROW
2x10@248

BARBELL ROW
2x10@274

MILITARY PRESS
2x10@200

UPRIGHT ROW
2x10@180

*Usually I would "SD" 7 days , then do a week of leisurely easing back into lifting using an intuitive "fun" week of mostly 65-75%rm .Due to a 13 day SD that being sick demanded I decided to skip the "ease in" week and go straight to the first "official" workout.

* For this progression I will use:

Flat+Incline
Chest supported+BB Rows
Military+Upright row
Deadlift (modified Sumo- done 1x/wk)

* exactly like my first log/last cycle "DIARY OF A MADMAN" except I've decided to drop OH Squats this go around.
smile.gif

<div>
(RUSS @ Aug. 26 2007,11:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've decided to drop OH Squats this go around.
smile.gif
</div>
Yup, I've dropped OH Squats before.
CLAAANG!
tounge.gif

SUNDAY , AUG. 26

DEADLIFTS
1x10x220
1x10x320
1x8x420
3x3x520

*I'll be doing deads 1x/wk , I will be doing somewhat more in the warm ups than necessary  (to warm up) in order to get volume enough for the week and then end in a 3x3 . I will follow this plan (for deads only) through- out my cycle , and of course load(s) will be advanced each week .

*Another odd pattern deviation that I will be incorporating is doing deads on the day directly after w/o #'s 1 &amp;4 of each rep range  AND -  for the sake of simplicity in following my log - I will not be &quot;numbering&quot; these &quot;dead only&quot; w/o's&quot;  at the top of the entered posts - hopefully this makes for easier reading/following.
smile.gif

*This will be the first FULL cycle using the 4x100 lb. standard plates I recently purchased specifically to get the bar up to &quot;regular&quot; OLY height on deads, previously all my deads were &quot;deficit&quot;  - I'm quite happy about this , also - as difficult as it is to &quot;weild&quot; the 100 lb. monsters into place ; between them and 50's it makes for some nice round numbers.  
biggrin.gif

*Volume will decrease throughout the cycle as load increases on the working sets (3's)

WORKOUT #2
Tues. Aug. 28

FLAT BENCH
2x10@290

INCLINE
1x10@264
2x5@264  

CHEST SUPPORTED ROW
2x10@256

BB ROW
2x10@282

MILITARY PRESS
2x10@208

UPRIGHT ROW
2x10@168 (should have been 188 - but I counted plates wrong didn't realize until after both sets - enjoyed thinking I had a sudden strength jump for all of 6 minutes or so till I realized I'm just an idiot)
smile.gif

* McDonalds has DBL Cheeseburger for a dollar - went thru the drivethru and bought 8 for my two kids and myself , ended up eating 4 about 20 minutes before working out - I didn't puke but I felt close to it the whole w/o , especially on chest supported rows .Usually I like to have a couple meals under my belt before I lift but the one right before W/O is always a shake - time constraints and parenthood conspired against me!!!
biggrin.gif

Maybe you should only have ate two of the burgers before your WO!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">DEADLIFTS
1x10x220
1x10x320
1x8x420
3x3x520

*I'll be doing deads 1x/wk , I will be doing somewhat more in the warm ups than necessary (to warm up) in order to get volume enough for the week and then end in a 3x3 . I will follow this plan (for deads only) through- out my cycle , and of course load(s) will be advanced each week . </div>

First off -- 520 lbs is an awesome DL! Second, what does your progression look like for the once/week DL WO?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Aug. 29 2007,11:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe you should only have ate two of the burgers before your WO!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">DEADLIFTS
1x10x220
1x10x320
1x8x420
3x3x520

*I'll be doing deads 1x/wk , I will be doing somewhat more in the warm ups than necessary  (to warm up) in order to get volume enough for the week and then end in a 3x3 . I will follow this plan (for deads only) through- out my cycle , and of course load(s) will be advanced each week . </div>

First off -- 520 lbs is an awesome DL!  Second, what does your progression look like for the once/week DL WO?</div>
pretty much the same throughout - with the &quot;warm ups/volume&quot; sets tapering until minimal and the &quot;working&quot; 3x3 increased (fingers crossed) 10-20 lbs. per week while at the same time dropping to 2x3 then1x3 (based on feel) - this will put me somewhere in the nieghborhood of 600-610 for a triple at cycles end . Of course (being the number driven fool that I am ) I will inevitably do a single at the very last dead w/o - I don't want to predict that load at this time but I would hope for 630+.
smile.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Aug. 29 2007,14:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Gosh, RUFF, you are one strong puppy!</div>
I may stick with a frequency like that for my next cycle to minimize growth in legs even more than my current 5x5 routine.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Aug. 29 2007,15:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(TunnelRat @ Aug. 29 2007,14:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Gosh, RUFF, you are one strong puppy!</div>
I may stick with a frequency like that for my next cycle to minimize growth in legs even more than my current 5x5 routine.</div>
Good eye Colby , my goal isn't size at all this deads cycle - my 1RM DEAD has been stalled out (creeping very slowly- too slowly) and I chose to address that this cycle . OH squats were sacrificed (this cycle) for the greater good!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Aug. 29 2007,13:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Gosh, RUFF, you are one strong puppy!</div>
Well I've been at it a while...
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">* McDonalds has DBL Cheeseburger for a dollar - went thru the drivethru and bought 8 for my two kids and myself , ended up eating 4 about 20 minutes before working out - I didn't puke but I felt close to it the whole w/o , especially on chest supported rows .Usually I like to have a couple meals under my belt before I lift but the one right before W/O is always a shake - time constraints and parenthood conspired against me!!! </div>
wow.gif
that's a lot of burger lol. Numbers are looking good as ever Russ!

Back