Bench

Discussion in 'Commercial Equipment' started by JonnyH, Aug 10, 2006.

1. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

Just looking to get a decent bench for lifting at home in a power rack that allows a very slight incline as ive heard thats better for chest development than flat.

Ive found this: http://www.gymmasterleisure.co.uk/product...._id=760

Though they say its a dumbell bench....whats the difference between this and a normal bench you can use barbells on?

2. stevejones

stevejones Member

<div>
    (JonnyH @ Aug. 10 2006,10:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just looking to get a decent bench for lifting at home in a power rack that allows a very slight incline as ive heard thats better for chest development than flat.

Ive found this: http://www.gymmasterleisure.co.uk/product...._id=760

Though they say its a dumbell bench....whats the difference between this and a normal bench you can use barbells on?</div>
    The maximum weight that bench can support (including user weight) is 200kg. If I were you, I'd add my bodyweight and maximum incline, take the result and see how close it is to 200kg. If you get serious about weight lifting, I see you replacing that weight bench with something else pretty soon.

I think they are calling it a &quot;dumbbell bench&quot; because of the amount of weight it can support (in otherwords, it's flimsy).

3. Omega_man

Omega_man New Member

Its a DB bench since it has no up right supports for a bar. When doing inclines fly's on a BB bench, the supports can get in the way, so this one has none.
    You will do much better to get something like the the B540 they show at the bottom left. Holds 550 lbs, not including body weight. To do fly's, you make it flat &amp; slide your body down some to clear the up rights supports. Also, what ever you get, get it with the supports set wide (olympic style) so you can remove &amp; add weights without the bar flipping off.

O

4. Fausto

Fausto HST Expert

5. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

6. Fausto

Fausto HST Expert

Good choice mate, much better than the previous one!

7. colby2152

colby2152 New Member

Anyone know of some quality benches (adjustable or flat) sold in the US?

8. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Both my Bodysolid benches are 1000lbs. rated. I didn't know they were &quot;called&quot; dumbell benches tho...they're not super cheap new, but can be found. Best padding in the business too. Progressive resistant, can't be bottomed out, even with an elbow.