Bill Starr's 5 x 5

CHEERS for that fausto! ;) but yeah i kept finding all these different interpretations or programs (Pendlay's 5x5, Starr's 5x5, Madcow 5x5), not sure which is the one everyone is actually talking about when they say '5x5'.

hehe thanks

Those are simply variations of the same, with a slight "flavour" added from the author.

As we say here, maak nie saak nie!
wink.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Oct. 01 2007,03:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As we say here, maak nie saak nie!
wink.gif
</div>
Translation?
smile.gif

Translation? maak nie saak nie = It doesn't matter, applied to this particular case &quot;it makes no difference&quot;.

have any of you guys given this a whirl? if so, were you glad you did?

I'm starting my 8th week of madcows version of Bill Starrs 5x5. Here are my results so far.
5 rep max increases in lbs.
Military press +14
Squats +22
Bench +12
Bent rows +20
Deadlifts +23
Bodyweight +8, minimal fat if any
Glad I tried it. Starting my first hst cycle at the end of this month. I hope I can get the same results!

If I do the 5x5 again I'll probably use the strength gains to do some planned overreaching, only to do higher reps on the deload. My reasoning is, I didn't gain a lot of size in the 5x5, but I believe that combining it with an overreaching program I might.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Oct. 13 2007,10:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">have any of you guys given this a whirl? if so, were you glad you did?</div>
Yes and yes.

Back