Blood Tests came in

quadancer

My blood tests came back from the Rejuvenation clinic...and it's the worst kind of news I could get. My Cholesterol was 232, my LDL was 154...not so truly bad, but my TEST, which I was hoping was still low, was UP - 637 on a 750 scale.

My HGH, however, is OFF the scale! (the lower end), so it appears that is my problem. I have none. And it's expensive - they recommend the 20 week supply which would be $3000.00 or they'd give me a 10 week for half of that.
It would include 1cc of cypionate to bring the test up to full and 1 IU Hgh for 3 weeks, then 1-1/2 IU for 3, then 2 IU after that.
To my knowledge, there are no OTC products that actually work, and I doubt that the 'new' growth hormone diet is going to work. I am going to consult another local doctor and maybe check in with the VA as well when I get the hardcopy of the tests.

I'd just appreciate any ideas, knowledge, or feedback you guys have. Or you can send money.
tounge.gif

HGH is stupid expensive and very delicate...it must be shipped cold and stored cold, and is therefore a major PITA. From what I know of GH, longer is better, even at outrageous prices. However, with GH levels low like you have, is this a solution or the treatment of a symptom? Being on GH for life can be pretty expensive.

Best of luck bro.

What about your medical insurance it will be necessary to have this. The GH is for life.

I had low GH but couldnt afford replacement -not covered by insurance here- There was a product available in america trans d-tropin a transdermal stimulator. Resulted in 2.5 times my IGF1 levels in a few weeks $175 per month.
At the moment im using an injectable gaba preparation but no blood tests back yet so dont know how effective it is.

Because of my heart condition I had, and being on a pacer, I can't get insurance. Mindstar got me to thinking and doing some more research (up to now I was only thinking about test) on GH replacement and pituitary stimulators, other supps and a quick look into Quackwatch.org.
I'm not going to spend $8000+ a year for GH, but so far, I see a thousand ads for GH "enhancers", "pituitary stimulators", none of which have ANY unbiased studies I can find to back up their claims. Two Florida companies were sued so far for false ads, and some doctor's reports I read dis the idea of supps and even say there are no longterm studies for GH replacement itself either.

Maxgain: I'd say the supp is as expensive as the GH. But I'd like to see how the GABA prep is working, just to know.

UG HGH is cheaper than from the pharmacy or a clinic.  Look into getting some of that.

RE:  GABA, I keep hearing how it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and can't possibly actually increase your HGH levels.  However, I've used it and it actually does make better quality sleep, and it actually does make a noticable difference in the way you feel and how strong you get in the gym.  Or it did for me anyway.

Taking it PO, one just has to make sure they get enough.  3g 30 minutes preworkout, 3g 30 minutes before going to bed.  Cost runs about $25.00/month.

I'd definitely try that before going on real HGH or looking for a UG lab.

Here is the brand I used.
http://www.ast-ss.com/Products/ProductPage.asp?ProdID=16

I researched the Trans-d-tropin and found this study:
http://www.hghrx.com/transd.PDF I can't tell if it's unassociated with the manufacturer or not, but it looks legit. Also, this "retired" doctor from an antiaging clinic wrote about it:
http://www.rkeysphd.com/growth-hormone.php but who knows? I don't trust much on the internet these days...doubly so after my websearches this morning.

As for GH injections, I got a doctor's name from my guys at our local BB supplement store...he works with a clinic and the price for the initial exam and followup was only $250 and the injections would be $275 a month, about HALF of the other clinic. So, for a 3 month run, I'd be out $1075, having allready gotten my blood test.

I'm still looking into alternatives; GABA I don't know about yet, the Trans-d sounds good, and I'm asking around...I can't do anything yet until I get the hardcopy of the labs anyway. And some more money.

I'm wondering why Maxgain is taking GABA now when the trans-d proved to work?

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 21 2006,19:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm wondering why Maxgain is taking GABA now when the trans-d proved to work?</div>
I live in Ireland the rip off nation I can only get trans d-tropin with a prescription -further prove of its legitimacy it is pharmacists who make it and patented it- I have to pay $300 a month so screw that for the moment.
The GABA prepartion -not only GaBA some derivs as well- costs me about $60 a month so i figure its worth the try. Its easy for me to get blood tests.

The tropin was good though straight away much better sleep increased dreaming strenth noticably up within a week.

<div>
(vagrant @ Oct. 21 2006,11:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">UG HGH is cheaper than from the pharmacy or a clinic.  Look into getting some of that.

RE:  GABA, I keep hearing how it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and can't possibly actually increase your HGH levels.</div>
I know you just did not recommend for one of the most difficult preparations to ensure safety for from viral load the delicacy of its preparation how easy it can become denatured to be bought from a non approved Underground Lab.

Yeah, I'm told it has to be refrigerated and has a short shelf life and everything- not to mention quantity control for the ingredients. I'd be leary of that.

BTW, we have to have script for the trans-d here too, Max. One thing bugged me though, was no contact link on the website and no FAQ - which they actually &quot;require&quot; you to read before ordering. That just looked like something the hoax sites would be set up like. Incomplete. Was your HGH low before taking it? I have some serious fatigue issues along with a host of others, so strength isn't the only thing I'm after.

The quest continues: I now am advised that since my HGH is low but Test is fine, the pituitary may be contaminated with heavy metals, aka mercury, specifically. I've never done a detox before, except for the quickie Atkins package a while back that didn't seem to do anything...and I have as much mistrust in homeopathic medicine as in the AMA.

So far, I find that I should cleanse the colon first, then supposedly the rest of the body. The supposition here is that if I remove contaminants from the body that all my internal organs will be able to function normally.

Has anyone done this after experiencing aging symptoms (like me) and what program did you use, what did it cost, etc. - oh, and how were your results?

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 22 2006,08:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">BTW, we have to have script for the trans-d here too, Max. One thing bugged me though, was no contact link on the website and no FAQ - which they actually &quot;require&quot; you to read before ordering. That just looked like something the hoax sites would be set up like. Incomplete. Was your HGH low before taking it? I have some serious fatigue issues along with a host of others, so strength isn't the only thing I'm after.</div>
the fact you need a script and would make me believe it is no hoax also it is produced by qualified pharmacists who did a study on it.
Drs will only continue to prescribe if blood tests change so if it is a hoax its a very bad market to aim for.
the lack of info is because they only like to deal with physicians and not directly with customers.
I had low Gh low enough to consider replacement but with a high potential pituitary and of course cost trans was the way to go.
Definatly had an increased alertness and stamina from it.

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 23 2006,10:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The quest continues: I now am advised that since my HGH is low but Test is fine, the pituitary may be contaminated with heavy metals, aka mercury, specifically.</div>
who told you this? why do you think mercury.

There are specific treatments -chelations- for mercury poisoning bit whether they would effect pituitary is questionable i doubt standard detoxs would produce this

As to the website for trans, I see your point; I hadn't thought of that. I'm still thinking about using it. I would be hoping for a bit more than increased alertness and stamina though. I almost feel like I'm sick most of the time. That's why I've been looking into other possibilities, while waiting for the blood test details.

As for Chelation therapy, I find some validity and some hoax factors researching it.
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelation.html (I realize quackwatch is a bit biased at times, but there is some good research there)
Aside of using EDTA for metal removal, herbal toxic cleansing seems to be the other alternative, which puts me in an untrustworthy state, without reliable testimony from someone.
The metals/pituitary connection was suggested to me by a friend from church with an autistic boy, now nearly cured by diet and chelation therapy. He suggested that since the metals affect and settle in the brain, and that's where the pituitary is, that could be a reason for the low GH output. I don't really know for sure.

On the GABA for almost a month now, while cutting cheeses and pork products and the like from my diet (for fatloss and high cholesterol). I've slept better, but am also using ZMA again; also slept well without the ZMA. On the downside, I lost an inch off my gut, but also about 1/4&quot; from arms, and 1/2&quot; from chest. Getting old sux.

My research has led me to amino supplementation, since I'm not really getting much from the GABA myself, and others have not gained on it. The regimen (stack) I'm looking at is basically :
Ornithine in the form of OKG at 6g. / day
L-Arginine at 6g. / day
L-Leucine at 3g. / day
and possible L-Glycine at 7g. / day.
The Orni/Argi combo from a lifting team I know here who actually experimented with it up to 22g. / day...resulting in some gout-like side effects from overdosing. But their GH went up significantly. Lab tests done on athletes had GH increases with doses as low as 1-2 grams, as shown below.
The Leucine I added to the stack to counter the possible effects of herpes replication by the arginine, something it's known for. The Glycine is another one tested with athletes and proved to assist workouts. I copied this:
Amino Acids Study Results (from this site:)http://www.vrp.com/art/507.asp
Intravenous Ornithine Produces a five-fold increase in serum growth hormone in humans.
Ornithine Increased serum growth hormone in bodybuilders, up to four times the baseline level.
Arginine 250 mg/kg/day of oral arginine aspartate given to five healthy subjects for seven days caused a 60% rise in GH during slow wave sleep compared to the control period.
Arginine and Ornithine In a double-blind study, adult males participating in a 5-week progressive strength-training program who consumed 2 grams of L- arginine and 1 gram of L-ornithine experienced significantly higher total strength and lean body mass scores and excreted less urinary hydroxyproline (marker of catabolism) than placebo-treated subjects. Best buy?
Ornithine Alpha-ketoglutarate (OKG)
Significantly increased IGF-1 and growth hormone levels in trauma patients. In healthy subject, OKG increased tissue levels of growth- hormone-releasing glutamine. A maybe.
Arginine and lysine 1200 milligrams of arginine pyroglutamate combined with L-lysine hydrochloride significantly elevated biologically active growth hormone from two to eight times the baseline value in 15 healthy male subjects aged 15 to 20 years old. Arginine and lysine 1,500 mg arginine and 1,500 mg lysine increased GH in young men only during resting conditions. Not after exersize.
Glycine In 19 normal, non-obese subjects, 6.75 grams of glycine increased growth hormone levels up to 300 to 400 percent that of baseline.
Glycine and L-arginine
Increased the subjects mean resistance to fatigue up to 28% over the controls during acute exhaustive high-intensity anaerobic isokinetic exercise and produced an overall gain in total muscle work of 10.5% more than controls. OTHER best buy?
Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)
A single oral dose of 5 grams of GABA administered to 19 subjects significantly elevated plasma growth hormone levels compared to placebo-treated controls. Not doing anything yet...
Glutamine Two grams of oral glutamine resulted in elevated plasma growth hormone in 8 of 9 subjects tested. Always a goodie.

zinc and magnezium are also good for tests and sleep.
as far as detoxing is concerned its simple dont put any toxins in your body and it will dispose of them itself,dont buy into any detox pills or any other crap.

Have you considered IGF-1? From what I have read, it is the active end of GH and is way cheaper...though I'm thinking that it would only address the muscle mass end of things and not some of your other issues. From what I can tell, immediate PWO administration can result in hyperplasia in the same way GH works, but in low enough doses can avoid all of that nast internal organ growing stuff. Something to think about, you may want to ask your Dr or read up...my knowledge comes mostly from a BBing standpoint rather than HRT.

If it's something that interests you, I can point you toward some reading on specific protocols.

Good luck bro.

Yeah, Mindstar, study is free! I'm into it. We haven't had a lot of work lately, and my cashflow is poor, so I've gone this route. Had to order the ornithine, but the rest of it just cost me $133 for a five month supply, so this is at least viable. I wound up buying a BCAA stack with the L-lysine in it with two other cofactors that are supposed to make it more absorbable or whatever. Valine and some other.
IGF-1 is quite a mystery: scientists still don't know how it works, but if it were cheaper, I'd be looking into getting some. Maybe later; I'll study on it for now. Send the links.

Back