bodyweight training and HST

mtb

Due to family and work, I routinely workout at home using rings, paralletes, jumpstretch bands, and my 7 year old son for resistance pushups. I thoroughly enjoy doing various exercises and working out outside. My question is can the concept behind HST be applied to bodyweight training or training without weights? I realize getting the specific numbers are much harder. I have a few thoughts I would appreciate if you can critique them:

I can do a whole body routine using ring pushups, doing various positions for the specifi rep requirements; ring chins, adding weight when necessary; upright rows using the jumpstretch band, adjusting foot width to increase tension on the band; tricep pushups; l-sits for abs, adjusting leg length for increased resistance and finally for legs, a superset of wall sits and vertical jumps. For the latter, I can try to match the total time of the 2 exercises with doing a hypothetical set of 15's(roughly 65-75 seconds).

Please critique.

Mark B.

I'd say yes you can.

All you need to do is start off light with 15 reps, then make it progressively harder, either changing grips, or exercises.

It would take alot of thought, and you would need to experiment with techniques, and that might take a couple of cycles to nail down.

When you've done that, post your results here, I'd be interested in seeing a bodyweight-based exercises with gymnast equipment.

S.

You might try changing your tempo also. For instance, start the 15's with a one second tempo and end the 5's with a ten second tempo to make it harder. Also, you can add in static holds. Just a thought.

Back