bromocriptine

addy

i got lyle's book, and some bromo, and i started taking it today.
i'm curious about others' experiences.

since nobody cared to chime in, i'm going to report my own experience on this thread.
took the first 2.5mg dose yesterday by 10am, and by 2pm i was already starting to feel like ####. nose constipated, a little dizzy, slightly nauseous, and i also had a mild but irritating headache that went through the night. oh, and NO hunger whatsoever. that last bit was a pain, since i'm not cutting yet, so i had to force feed three meals.
today i woke up, worked out ok, though i felt slightly weak. don't know if that's related to the bromo.
after training, i took my second 2.5mg dose of bromo after my obligatory vinegar and my post workout shake.
side effects have mostly disappeared, and i'm still not hungry. i suppose i could already up the dosage tomorrow, since lyle said that if you're not experiencing the side effects, you're not experiencing the benefits either. i'll probably take 2.5mg tomorrow again just to be sure, and get up to 5mg on thursday.
i'm on a high carb diet, by the way. i ready reports of people taking bromo on low carb diets, which is sort of stupid, since low carbs + bromo + heavy weight training = hypoglicemia.
wow.gif

I take bromo about 30 seconds before crashing in bed for the night to avoid the sickness. Cabaser/dostinex is a much better alternative to bromo. Ideally bromo should be taken at 2.5mg twice daily, however, I cannot stand feeling sick from it, so once a day before bed is what I opt for.

lyle mcdonald makes it very clear in his book that you should take bromo in the morning to reduce side effects, and also because of the natural hormone cycles of the body. there's no additional benefit seen from dividing the dose either. i've been taking it for a week now, and the sides are all gone.

i'm sd'ing now, and i'll start cutting next week. i'm not sure yet if i'll use the hst protocol and follow a regular diet or if i'll do a ketogenic diet or the ud 2.0 with the prescribed training protocol for those diets.

Back