bulking and clothes

I have added 20 lb.s of mass this past year, and while I am very happy with my manly new physique- my pants are all not fitting!

For the past 6 months my pants and shorts have been a little small around hips and thighs. As my bodyweight (and deadlift) keeps rising, I am in need of a new wardrobe.
Although I am not huge, I am big enough now that traditionally cut clothes don't fit well. The average man doesn't have big thighs and a medium waist, so most pants that fit me on the waist, are tight on the thighs, etc.
I remember reading muscle mags and noticing that all the pros had to wear weird pants to fit them, like baggy jeans, jams, etc. Where do you all shop for good clothes that will fit bodybuilder types.

p.s. I am really cheap when it comes to clothes and that is why I have put this off for so long and barely any of my pants fit! Maybe I will just wear loose-fitting gym shorts everywhere!
laugh.gif

Welcome to my world, even before lifting weights I had this problem. Huge hips and ass, I would die in jail.

Let's say a 34" waist size in pants would fit perfect. Well, I would need to get size 38" straight legs if I wanted straight legs pants. Now I just have to get anything that says baggy or loose. Typically a 36" will be fine. A little loose on the waist, but I can still put my hands in my pocket. With a 34" baggy, I can't barely fit my hands in my pocket.

I personally would check Anchor blue for cheap, but some of their pants have huge 20" openings and that is not cool. My favorite place and good prices on Levis and sometimes silvertabs is Robison May's, I think Macy's might have bought them out now. I'll have to check at home, but Levis 565 fit good. They get baggy enough over my hips, but still fit the waist. I'll check at home for other brands.

But you can forget about Calvin Kleins and those fancy Abercrombie pants. They are made for guys without legs and asses.
laugh.gif
I've never once fit into any of their clothes.

Heheh that's your sneaky way of bragging isn't it sci
tounge.gif

I got this $150 shirt off a friend, it was loose as hell when I first got it a few years ago, now it fits snug, what a great feeling.

no, seriously I have nothing left to wear. I think I will just buy a bunch of baggy gym shorts, cause I also get hot easier with all this extra weight. I am not really bragging, cause I also am kind of a fatass lately by some of your standards.
laugh.gif

This is why in the summer months, I always wear shorts or my workout pants. Can't fit into much else, except baggy jeans. Strangely, my work pants still fit fairly well, though they are tight around the ass and thighs as expected... which unfortunately, seems to get me (mostly unwanted) attentions.

Just to add some more. My favorite pair or Jeans that fit just right are my Gap brand jeans. They don't have a model number, but just say loose fit. Hopefully that helps.

Sci: I go to our local thrift shop and sometimes I find these off-brand unknown jeans that somehow fit better...usually for about $6. Just a thot. Macy's jeans seem really baggy if the waist fits. (my lady was working there) I prefer somewhat form-fitting.

Shirts are easy enough: I have an 18+" neck so buy oversize and taper the waist on a sewing machine. They look great.

Tot: are tha Grannies givin' ya Goose?
laugh.gif

Hehe, I had the same problem, took a very long time before I found a pair of jeans that fit ok. I found out womens jeans had the right proportions (lol), bigger ass and thighs without a huge waist.

Now I have dieted down and those jeans dont fit anymore so I have to wear a belt all the time hehe.

lol are you saying you know where womens jeans...cause thats kinda f'ed up lol.My advice to you sir,and it what I found works best in the pants department.Buy big pants a couple nice belts and your good to go...or just cut your pants on the thighs of them lol....but that my cause attention

That's weird, cus some of the stylish guys I know can wear girls jeans and they look good. These guys have near-prototypical Abercrombie bodies though, at around 175-190lbs.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have added 20 lb.s of mass this past year, and while I am very happy with my manly new physique- my pants are all not fitting!

For the past 6 months my pants and shorts have been a little small around hips and thighs. As my bodyweight (and deadlift) keeps rising, I am in need of a new wardrobe.
Although I am not huge, I am big enough now that traditionally cut clothes don't fit well. The average man doesn't have big thighs and a medium waist, so most pants that fit me on the waist, are tight on the thighs, etc.</div>

I hear you Sci. Not only does lifting work against me and my wardrobe, but so do my genetics. Finding the right cut in the thighs can be a painstaking process. As far as jeans are concerns, jeans such as Levis and Rocawear are built for bigger thighs. Shirts are becoming a pain for me as well because I am now wearing XL shirts, but I need shirts that are slim fit.

i wear the crap out of the clothes i have now and then later when ive grown somemore just buy some new ones.

but when you decide to cut,you can bring out some of the old stuff you had before.

i spend lots on clothes in one go.fortunatley i only buy clothes every 6 months or so.

I'd have to say that with clothes, the biggest problem I have is underwear. I wear boxers or boxer briefs, and they always end up getting holes in them where my inner thighs rub together. Real pain in the ass. And if I just say screw it and go commando, I end up chafing real bad.

Now I know how fat people feel...

I was at CVS today and they had a big bin of T-shirts for 4/$10. I quickly grabbed 4 XL t-shirts. I got 2 grays, 1 blue and 1 bright yellow (I couldn't resist, it reminded me of etothepii's shirt!) When I got home I realized the yellow one was only a large. I haven't even washed it yet and it fits almost skin tight around the chest/shoulders/upper back.

Now I AM bragging. It feels awesome to finally be big enough that a brand new large t-shirt fits snug around my huge shoulders... Stevejones must wear XXXL!

The XL ones fit normal, hopefully by the end of this HST cycle, even THOSE will be tight!
laugh.gif

The problem with most shirts is that they are so baggy except around the upper back and shoulder area, unless you get some custom fitted shirts.

I had an embarrasing incident when I had to go out for some occasion. I had no dress clothes except for my old ones, and ended up ripping both my pants and my shirt during that night. That really sucked. Good thing I decided to wear underwear that night...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I had an embarrasing incident when I had to go out for some occasion. I had no dress clothes except for my old ones, and ended up ripping both my pants and my shirt during that night. That really sucked. Good thing I decided to wear underwear that night...</div>

Haha, WOW... good story. Moral of the story? The unfortunate cons of bodybuilding is that more $$$ goes to clothing.

My entire t-shirt wardrobe consists of Pluma XXL shirts, those fit me perfectly.  They went out of business a long time ago, but still see the shirts being sold on ebay occasionally.  When I'm not at work it's ALWAYS a pluma t-shirt and shorts (even in winter).  

I buy all my work clothes from Rochester Big and Tall www.rochesterclothing.com   They are good.  Unfortunately, I look like a jackass in suit coats and pants because I won't pay to get my clothes professionaly tailored...but, doesn't bug me too much. After all, I'm not the one who has to look at me.   Glad I'm not in sales.

The pants are always a pain.  I have to buy 46&quot; pants and then have my wife sew them in for me.   Always have to remember to wear boxers so no grease spots show (I grease up with vaseline between the legs all around the groin every morning--thighs rub together when I walk).  I don't wear jeans.  Gave up on them a long time ago.  

My predicament isn't really that bad. Just some minor adjustments. I don't know how these pro bbers and plifters (many of whom are even larger than the bbers) get around in clothes at all.

Back