Burn fat and build muscle with HST

Jens

Hi!

I have about 20%bodyfat, so I need to drop some and build more muscle.
I am planning on doing walking four mornings a week, to burn fat. I´ll have a protein shake right before.
Also, I´ll be doing cardio togheter with a 6-day HST split.
What do you think?

A question on the use of a gainer.
Since I workout 6-days a week, should I use a gainer after every workout, or is this too much?
This will be about 2400kcal a week, just from a gainer.
I want to gain muscle, not fat.

If you want to lose, why would you take a gainer?

I would think you should toss the gainer and work on getting maintenance calories only (or less) if you want to cut fat.

It's really hard to do both at the same time. I made the same mistake the first 2 times around with HST and got minimal, but decent gains. I'm also doin a 6day HST routine, hypocaloric + moderate carbs. I should be leaning out pretty quick, once i get to a point of leaness that i like, then i will start bulking. You should do 1 thing at a time. If u want to lose fat = HST + hypocaloric + maybe some muscle loss. Gain muscle = HST + hypercaloric + some fat gain. Unless you are a genetic freak, or a noob, it is quite hard to do both at the same time. good luck :)

As vicious would suggest, cut until u are aroudn 12-15% bf, and then start bulk

haven't you asked this question about 5 times before?

If you're at 20% bodyfat, you shuold be dieting down. At a bodyfat that high, your partitioning of nutrients won't be great, meaning more will be stored as fat rather than muscle than if you were at 10%. Diet.

Read the "eating for size" article on the site, and see how much you should be eating. Then subtract a few hundred calories.

I like to use www.fitday.com to log EVERYTHING i eat when i'm on a cycle. If you log every single thing that you put in your mouth, you will see where a lot of garbage calories and carbs are going. Eliminate them.

Measurement changes behavior.

At 20% body fat, I'd be more worried about first losing the fat. Muscle will take care of itself with HST, but you want to get yourself more healthy first, IMO.

Well at 20% bodyfat, I think if you cut calories only a bit and hit the weights real good, you're bound to increase your LBM at least a little bit, while reducing your fat, but like the others said, you need to keep your priorities straight. You won't see huge gains in muscle while you're trying to lose fat.

Hi!

Yes, I agree with noobie.
I have done HST cycle and got minimal gains, because I tried not gain fat, so I didn´t eat as much.
Of course...some muscles grew anyway. Arms and shoulders especially.
THis time I´ll still be doing HST but eat at lot more protein and do cardio twice a week after my HST routine, and perform a 40 min walk in fast tempo four mornings a week.
Our local bodybuilder (who finished 2nd in the National Championship) told me that doing a quick walk in the morning before breakfast is extremely good at losing fat.
He says he was at 5% at this competition.

Look at his picture: http://www.fairing.se/profil/peder.htm

I think I´ll be down to 12-13 really soon if I just workout hard.
At least does my cardio every time I am supposed to and eat less carbs in the evening, exept after workout.
I´ll take maybe40-50g carbs after workout.
For gaining muscle I would use maybe 75-80g carbs. And about 25g protein.

amazing what a quick walk in the morning can do
worship.gif

and some juice,but just a little

:)

Back