Caffeine increases testosterone!

I am not sure if one study with a total sample of 24 individuals is significant, but I am interested in knowing how this will pan out. A better analysis would be to verify strength or hypertrophy result in mid term caffeine "supplementation" as the net result of the testosterone increase (along with cortisol) can be null.
I have to point out that I liked this phrase "testosterone’s catabolic nemesis: cortisol"
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">&quot;testosterone’s catabolic nemesis: cortisol&quot; </div>

so true
rock.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It seems that resistance training may increase testosterone but for a very short time. So much for the idea that doing heavy squats will make you big because of a large increase of testosterone. </div>

So much for 20 rep squats making us huge!
laugh.gif

I've done 20-rep squats for years. For over one year I even did 2 sets. Never got huge from them. Not sure it made any difference at all.

Anyways that's off-topic..

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 22 2008,12:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So much for 20 rep squats making us huge!
laugh.gif
</div>
I dunno, I've done 20 rep squats Max-Stim style, and I'm huge. Heck, I'm over 130 lbs now...
biggrin.gif

Back