Can I put Creatine into hot tee?

Busenfreund1

Hi!

Creatine-Monohydrate does not mix well into cold water or tee.

That's why I tried it with fresh made hot tee, and it seems to be much easier to drink it this way.

But now I am concerned, that putting Creatine-Monohydrate into hot tee may not be good for the Creatine.

Anybody knows, if it is save to use Creatine in hot water?

Is it possible, that Creatine decomposes faster to Creatinine in hot water?

Creatine is decomposed in acidic environments. This is accelerated by heat. Creatine is much more soluble in hot water than cold, the trick is to keep it from decomposing.

I use a small amout of baking soda (1/2 teaspoon for each 75 g of creatine) in warm water. This keeps the solution slighltly basic and stable, though the taste isn't as good. Adding some suger helps the taste and (I think) also aids absorption. Creatine also dissolves faster if "micronized", that is, the crystals made smaller (like powdered sugar compared to granular sugar). This can be done at home with an electric coffee grinder.

Some interesting studies were done on the optimal pH for bottled drinks by a Japanese company (can't find the patent right now but do a search on creatine at http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html)

Thank's for your answer, nematic, also it is not much of help for me.

I do not want to create a stable solution by adding baking soda or so, I just want to have my creatine in hot tee, so putting it in, and drinking it right away.

I am still not sure, if there is any harm to the creatine monohydrate if put in hot water. It's just the small amount of time between putting it in the tee and drinking it, but I did not find any info, if this is a sollution to go.

spielt keine rolle ob dus in heissem, kalten oder gepunkteten wasser auflöst...und zerfallen fängts erst an nach ca ca 8-10h

ALAF & HELLAU

Here is a translation in case anyone that doesn't know German (like myself).

plays none rolls whether dus in hot, cold or scored water dissolves... and disintegrates faengts only on after approx. approx. 8-10h

Obviously, the online translator is not perfect. My translation of the above is that hot water will not effect creatine and renders in inert in 8-10 hours.

Barry

exactly
tounge.gif

Back