Cardio during Cut Cycle

How often do you deadlift?

• Total voters
im trying to pack on muscle at the moment so ill run 1-2 times a week if at all,then 3-times when i want to cut,on my off days,the weight falls off nicely and as long as i keep my food intake fairly high i dont lose much muscle.

I pretty much do cardio all the time, whether cutting or bulking. However, I NEVER do it on the same day as I weight train. One big plus since I started HST, is it works perfectly for the way I like to train. I'm doing HST 3 days per week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and fit cardio in on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. (Usually incline walking on a treadmill, or interval type stuff on an eliptical machine, but never more than 30 minutes of either).

I generally keep my food intake exactly the same whether it be a cardio or weight day, and I've found I seem to be able to maintain BF levels fairly well, and keep the muscle gain going. If I feel I'm leaning out a bit too much, I'll drop the Saturday cardio, and just do two days a week.

Much like Rotlex wrote, I do cardio on Tue/Thr/Sat.
Unlike him, I am in the process of shedding some fat so I do my cardio for a bit longer - one hour, usuallly incline treadmill walking, but I sometimes throw in some swimming.
Over the past 6 weeks, I've dropped 2.5 kilos (5.5 pounds) and my strength for weights sessions still seems to be there.  I am happy with my progress.  In fact, I even got the comment today that I seemed "bigger" (but that might be an illusion - less fat = more muscle visible.)
In the past I have tried more extreme dietary measures (holding back on calories) and I always found that I sacrificed too much muscle in the process.  Plus, I found my weight training days seemed to be a real drag from a lack of energy.  Maybe I just didn't find the right balance? :confused:
So I prefer to "work it off" along with some calorie control discipline.  Slow and steady is the way!
thumbs-up.gif

Daniel

Cardio on days away from gym for me - Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday complete rest.

Back