Cardio in SD period

Myrrhman

Can I do intense cardio during my Strategic Deconditioning week? By "intense" I mean explosive stuff like 40 yard dashes or "stations" for 30-50 minutes. I'll end up doing cardio for 4 of the 9 days of SD.

Anyways, I just finished my first 2-month cycle of HST and had solid gains in mass and strength. It might not be much but I increased my squat by 20 pounds (300 pounds), bench press (155) and OHP by 15 pounds (105). Thanks everyone for your help.

SD is literally about doing nothing short of the things you need to do to live and make a living (walk, sleep, eat, run for the bus when need be, etc.). Explosive cardio might put a hamper on your SD for your lower body muscles. If you're required to do this stuff (sports practice to make a team), then there's no way around doing it. On the other hand, if you're doing it voluntarily, then I would refrain. You won't lose your cardiovascular edge in 9 days. Just as taking a short break from lifting can be beneficial, taking a short break from running can also be beneficial IF you get right back into it when the break ends.

Back