Cardio

namdia

Can I do Cardio (spinning, hockey, jogging, etc) during a HST cycle?

I have some fat to burn and I want do 3 training days and sports 1 or 2 time per week.

thank you.

<div>
(namdia @ Feb. 23 2007,14:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Can I do Cardio (spinning, hockey, jogging, etc) during a HST cycle?

I have some fat to burn and I want do 3 training days and sports 1 or 2 time per week.

thank you.</div>
Yes, you have my permission.

<div>
(namdia @ Feb. 23 2007,12:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Can I do Cardio (spinning, hockey, jogging, etc) during a HST cycle?

thank you.</div>
Yes you can. It is true that endurance training interferes with the stimulus for size and strength in that muscle, but if you just need to shed a few pounds I would recommend some cardio. Any size you might have forgone because of your cardio will come back when you stop doing it.

-bryan

<div>
(Bryan Haycock @ Feb. 23 2007,16:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(namdia @ Feb. 23 2007,12:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Can I do Cardio (spinning, hockey, jogging, etc) during a HST cycle?

thank you.</div>
Yes you can. It is true that endurance training interferes with the stimulus for size and strength in that muscle, but if you just need to shed a few pounds I would recommend some cardio. Any size you might have forgone because of your cardio will come back when you stop doing it.

-bryan</div>
At what point does endurance training interfere with the stimulus ? Is it after you surpass a certain time or distance with endurance training, or does it begin interfering with it immediately ?

I think it is immediately.
it affects AMPk which inhibits mTOR (which signals muscle growth).
But i guess it all depends on HOW much cardio you do.
If you are training to compete in a marathon and at the same time trying to build muscle it might get tough to get those muscles growing.

However, I think the opposite is ok. If you are training long distance running, strength training will not interfere with your long distance training.

Back