Changing wseight from Flat to Incline Bench

Taank

So I'm going to switch from flat bench to slight incline bench for my second cycle. Anyone have any estimate as to weight adjustment. I'm thinking about just repeating the same weight progression I used for flat bench.... and assuming that the switch to incline will basically take care of my need to increase the weights for my second cycle. Sound reaosnable?

Or do you think there is a larger differential in weights between flat and slight incline, and actually keeping the weights the same will be too MUCH of a weight progression for incline?

For reference, my flat bench 5rm was 210lbs.
1rm was 235

i find the differential for me to be between 20 and 25 pounds

that would make your 1rm for incline about 210-215

this of course all depends how much you have the bench inclined, the steeper incline the harder it is because it stresses the weaker shoulder muscles more

<div>
(Taank @ Sep. 18 2006,11:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So I'm going to switch from flat bench to slight incline bench for my second cycle. Anyone have any estimate as to weight adjustment. I'm thinking about just repeating the same weight progression I used for flat bench.... and assuming that the switch to incline will basically take care of my need to increase the weights for my second cycle. Sound reaosnable?

For reference, my flat bench 5rm was 210lbs.
1rm was 235</div>
I would just use the same weights to start. I think you will know after the first week if the weights are too high. Just make any adjustment during the second week. For example, if you hit your 15RM early, just repeat that weight for the rest of the 15s then start the 10s from that new reference weight.

-bryan

Back