Chest & Summer time Routine Critique

Joe.Muscle

Ok guys this is another question for the experts. If you guys remember I have been having trouble with my pecs lagging for years. At one time my chest was my best bodypart by far..but 3 yrs ago I torn my bicep tendon in my shoulder area benching and I continued to overtrain and the pecs never got bigger. Since HST that have finally gotten bigger and there strength back. Here is were my question comes into play since you guys advice about lagging pecs I have been doing dumbell press superset with flys and it has helped but other muscle are still outgrowing the pecs by far on HST.

I am currently doing 4 sets of chest and 3 sets for back shoulders and legs..and 2 sets for bi and tri.

Should I continue to use the 4 sets for chest and drop everything else down 1 set since my other bodyparts are still continueing to outgrow my pecs??

Also I have just added 15 minutes of HIIT to my routine at night to deal with my none showing abs.

Please guys I need to get this pec thing back to its best!

I can tell you what I did with calves which might help.

I am embarrassed to say I don't remember your workout frequency
blush.gif
, old age I guess, but if you are only doing 3X week on your off days add a set or even 1 superset of only chest exercise at the same weight you used in the previous workout. This way you don't have to add more volume on the workout day but it up's the overall volume considerably.

Thanks DKM well I workout 3 times a week...so would 2 sets of pushups at home be ok???

Or since I can only hit the gym 3 days a week should I just up the volume...just for chest and decrease other to keep total volume down...I would think this would help chest catch up???
wow.gif

Guys my current upper body routine is 4 sets of chest 3 sets of back 3 sets of shoulders 1 trap 2 bis 2 tris.

But I am thinking of changing it to 5 sets of chest 3 sets for back 2 sets for shoulders and 2 for bis and tris...dropping 1 set of shoulders and traps all together. I will do this until my chest catches up with the rest of my body. With me keep the total volume the same....or is 5 sets for chest to much...3 days a week?:confused:

Again this is just b/c of the lagging pec?

Joe

I get the feeling that if you just switch the chest routine to a superset within your normal HST training you will get what you want and guess what...I am not psychic not by a long shot LOL
laugh.gif

You can choose either pre-exhaust or post exhaust, in this case for the same muscle group.

Vicious has thrown out a postulate the other day which sounds very much right, pulsing or deep stretching on isolator exercises such as the flyes, your only option is to try it, I would not go over three sets, one each either post or pro-exhaust :confused:

My humble opinion :confused:

Fausto

Thanks a lot...you got a great point..i was worried about up the sets...Thanks again and keep the advice coming!

Fausto makes a great point.

I doubt pushups would do much. So Fausto's suggestion would probably be the best. I wouldn't lower the volume on your other exercises, unless of course you are doing too much.

Forgive me for asking such a simple question but I am a little confused. When you say just 3 sets

Do you mean press for one set followed immediatly by flys for set 2 then presses again for 3 sets.

or do you mean dumbell press supersetted with flys equalling one set...and dubmbelll supersetted with flys equalling 2 sets and so on until set # 3.

Sorry If I am making it harder than it should be :)

Joe

When I say three sets, let's see you are using D/B press and Flyes which are D/B, why not make it a B/B press supersetted with flyes?

Consider doing one of thee sets enough, or call it a two in one like the shampoo or even a three in one:

Try B/B press(incline)+B/B press(decline)+d/b Flyes, that one should hit all angles.:p

And this is a post exhaust, pre-exhaust would be the flyes first.

And this is not hard, we all think differently so if I did not make myself clear enough the first time, here is the second time, no problem. :)

Last but not least, doing three sets of this would = 9 exercises which is way too much, 1 set is more than enough and being a 3 in 1 will or should get you where you'd like to be.

Ciao

Fausto

Back