Chinup question

This has really given me a bunch to think about. To John Steel's comments:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
_tim:
&quot;Netural/wider grip (again - pulls?), just past shoulder width, hit just about every part of my lats and posterior deltoids, but I felt like I wouldn't realize very big gains because the angle at which my biceps flexed felt rather restrictive from a load perspective.&quot;

Best for lat development.

_tim:
&quot;Chins hit my biceps wonderfully, what felt like my posterior deltoids, and parts of my upper lats;&quot;

Best for biceps development.
</div>

I'm gonna tweak my program a bit and inject pronated, supinated and neutral grip pulls/chins in varying combinations, replacing seated rows and any other bicep ISO work I do. I just wanna see what happens - and I'm early on enough in my program that I can make the tweak without much of an issue.

style:
&quot;Forward grip for lats.
Reverse grip for biceps.
Both grips work both muscle groups, the consensus around here is that close-grip chins allow heavier loading and so hit both the lats and bi's hard. You could always alternate. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. Personally I like close grip suponated.&quot;

I only posted that based on _tim's own observations.
_tim:
&quot;Netural/wider grip (again - pulls?), just past shoulder width, hit just about every part of my lats and posterior deltoids, but I felt like I wouldn't realize very big gains because the angle at which my biceps flexed felt rather restrictive from a load perspective.&quot;
_tim:
&quot;Chins hit my biceps wonderfully, what felt like my posterior deltoids, and parts of my upper lats;&quot;

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Pull-ups historically are recognized by using a pronated grip, which is fancy for palms facing away from you. Chins are recognized by a supinated grip, which is the opposite, or your palms facing you.</div>
Close grip chins allow me to use a greater load than wide grip pull-ups, and that's the reason I 've stuck with them lately. Maybe I'll switch to wide grip pull-ups for the next cycle.

Back