Clarification

Captain Crunch

I've been following this board for awhile now and something hit me the other day which I had not heard before. Someone mentioned that they were going to try for a 4x week cycle and someone else responded that then there would be 8 total workouts in each microcycle. I just figured that when people increased the workouts during the week that they finished off the microcycle earlier and moved onto the next rep range. Am I wrong about this?

For example, when people workout 6x a week, does this mean that they finish off the 15's in one week or do they just decrease the increments and still workout 6x week for a two week period and therefore 12 workouts in each rep range?

Thanks

Mike

You can do it either way Mike. Although the frequency is higher, the volume should remain about the same. I normally do a full body routine one day follwed by a different full body routione the next day. That means I will still have 6 workouts of each routine in a 2 week block although it will constitute 12 total workouts. In otherwords, 6 workouts of routine A and 6 workouts of routine B.

On a higher frequency program, if you don't have a A/B split, you could just use the same weights as the session before.

cheers,
Jules

Yeah, you can go either way, but I would recommend the longer cycle, with more workouts per microcycle versus the shorter microcycles. I don't think compressing the HST cycle into a shorter timeframe is as good as a longer HST cycle for your gains.

Thanks for the replies. I do two different full body workouts which I alternate. Currently I have been doing 3-4 workouts a week so occasionally I do A one day and B the next but usually I have a day off in between. I was thinking of increasing the number of workouts and it is good to know that I should still be doing a two week block which will work really well for me anyway.

Thanks again.

Mike

Back