Clen, how safe is it?

jimjones

I did a pretty thorough search on clenbuterol on this site and others and found no real serious side effects to be worried about, as the studies that show some heart damage were all over the course of far more than 2 weeks (which i believe is the recommended cycle for clen).
So, i wanted to ask the general question: in your opinion, whcih is more dangerous, clen or ephedra? and why? Or simply, what would you tell some one who was thinking of using it?

Thanks.

Clenbuterol is a relative of albuterol - the inhaler or nebulizer that is given for asthma.  It's quite a bit more potent though.  

It is a beta adrenergic stimulator which means it's a bronchodilator, vasoconstrictor, that increases pretty much everything in your body.  Heartrate, blood pressure, body tempurature, metabolic rate...all of these things will go up.  

This is why people use it (it's effects are very similar to ephedra) as a cutting drug.  It does help you burn fat because of the elevated body temp and metabolic rate.  Through the same mechanisim, it can also help you burn off the muscle you've worked so hard to build.

I won't reccomend it, or any other drug that may be illegal.  I will say though that it's probably safer than DNP.  It isn't going to be nearly as safe or effective as a good diet, properly planned and timed nutrition, and effective cardio.

And before anyone says "I heard it's anabolic".  Well, that's been suspected in some animal studies, but has NEVER been shown to be the case in humans.  Most people I've known who did use it actually complained of losing muscle.

Pseudoephedrine and ephedrine are still legal.  The ephedra and "natural" compounds that can't be controlled are re-banned.

If you want something to speed you up and help you lose some weight - in addition to good diet and cardio...why not just try a sudafed, cup of coffee, and an aspirin?  If I couldn't do it with diet and exercise, that's what I'd use.  I know a couple of docs who are pretty decent bodybuilders and that's what they use, even though they won't reccomend it either - it IS still what they use.

<div>
(vagrant @ Oct. 19 2006,12:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And before anyone says &quot;I heard it's anabolic&quot;.  Well, that's been suspected in some animal studies, but has NEVER been shown to be the case in humans.  Most people I've known who did use it actually complained of losing muscle.</div>
The dose that would be needed for anablosim is much higher than therapeutic doses so that has to be takeninto account

Good post except for the recommendation of aspirin.It is not needed.

I though that sudafed had pseudoephedrine in it and that pseudoephedrine did not work well for cutting?

Let me know if i am mistaken.

<div>
(jimjones @ Oct. 23 2006,11:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I though that sudafed had pseudoephedrine in it and that pseudoephedrine did not work well for cutting?

Let me know if i am mistaken.</div>
psudoephedrine = chemically produced copy of ephedrine made in a lab. It's not a perfect copy, but enough. If it makes you jittery, raises your body temperature, decreases appetite, and generally makes you feel like crud to help you breathe, it's probably good for cutting.

All of these are reasons I'm not allowed to take it. I'm not allowed to raise my body temperature. Same reason I can't eat as much protein as I'd like.

I do believe that there are better ways to cut than chemicals though. I'm the guy that burned off 160lbs of ugly flab with diet alone - no chemicals at all. It can be done, and it's really not that hard.

yeah, i have been trying this alternating glycogen-depletion / carb load program called UD 2.0. Before that i did the old cut calories a small amount and do cardio route all the way down to about 11%, but lost a lot of muscle in the process. UD 2.0 has worked great, i lose fat and spare muscle, but i seemed to have hit a plateau.

That is why i ask this question, i wanted to couple something with the UD 2.0 plan to try to get to around 6 or 7 % bodyfat. Does anyone know anyone who got to this level who isn't naturally at around 7%?? (i know a few guys that are naturally that way, 8-pack with no exercise)

This isn't exactly mainstream and certainly isn't for everyone. I've been to a rather low percentage before, don't know how low exactly, but well below 10...won't go there again until I get bigger, a ripped skinny guy just doesn't look right...had to give it a shot being a former 300 pounder though.

This will work for most, especailly effective for those already rather lean (11% is actually pretty lean).

Calories = Bodyweight x 10
Fat = 60% of those calories
Protein = 35% of those calories
Carbs = whatever you get from green veggies like broccoli, spinach, kale, asparagus, brussels sprouts, green beans...don't worry about counting them.

Spread this over 6 meals each day. It's good for about 1% bodyfat loss each week and should help spare muscle as most ketogenic diets do. The process is complicated and not the purpose of this post, but it does work well.

No epehdra, clen, sudafed, DNP, GH, insulin, ionamine... required. Just eat lots of fat to stave off hunger and spare muscle, get some green veggies, enough protein to support muscle repair from workouts, watch the remainder of your fat go away...in your case in about 6 weeks.

Back