COMPOUND & ISOLATION

brisbanemick

Gidday.

I'm currently hitting my 10's, full body 3 X per week.

For my next cycle, I thought of doing something a little different.
A six day split, incorporating all compounds on day 1, then day 2 smacking myself with all isolation and repeat for the rest of the week. What do you guys think of this variation?.
Just looking for different ways of mixing it up a bit for variety.

Cheers. Mick.

brisbanemick

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A six day split, incorporating all compounds on day 1, then day 2 smacking myself with all isolation and repeat for the rest of the week.

If you can't do this twice per day, then yes, because you may pick up some CNS fatigue, as you will be hitting the saem muscle groups with a different exercise, in fact isolations are directed at one muscle group only whereas compounds work various groups, some directly others indirectly.

Make sure you up the carbs if you are getting lack of energy.

Hey :)

I don't see anything wrong with what you are proposing.

But if I may suggest something, I think it might be a little better to do your split a bit differently. Instead of separating your splits by exercise type (compound or isolation), separate it by muscle group .

It should go something like: (this is just a sample)
Day 1: Chest and Arms
Day 2: Back and Legs
Instead of:
Day 1: Compounds
Day 2: Isolations

This is to give each muscle group a little more time to recover. You see, if you do all compounds on one day then isolations the next, you would have hit all muscle groups already on day 1, so at day 2 they aren't really fresh. It's not that important, but it may make your workouts a little easier and maybe a little more effective.

Regards, good luck! :)
-JV

plus i would think that doing all compounds one workout would be too draining and doing all isolations in another would be too boring.

Back