Confused ..hmm

malu

I printed out atleast 30 pages of HST stuff from throughout this website. forgive me if i sound confused..its completely different from my split routine.

-----------

Okay I understand the 2 week blocks of 15,10 and 5 reps.

just so I understand this..say my first 2 weeks...would this be what im looking at ?

Exercise: Squat. 15 rep max- 185 lbs

And say my first 2 weeks of 15's im planning to work out on Mon, Wed and Friday.

Week 1 & Week 2- Does that mean I do nothing but 185 lbs the whole 2 weeks when it comes to squats?

But that doesnt make sense w/ Progressive loading. hmm

No that is what you do for the second friday. Increment backwards like this:

Week 1
Monday-135
Wednesday-145
Friday-155

Week 2
Monday- 165
Wednesday- 175
Friday- 185

If you find you are getting stronger than simply make larger jumps. If you find you have overshot your max you can repeate weights.

Joe G

15 RM = 185lbs

6 workouts in 15 rep range

So....135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185lbs are your weights

Cool? :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Im just curious, if you joined in March of 2004 howcome you havent given HST a try yet?

Good question, were you skeptical, but got nowhere with your current program and now want to try it? :confused:

Anyway, the guys are on track, when you find your maxes per rep scheme, those would be the weighttargets for the last workout of that particular two week stretch.

Come now, give it a go, and let us know how it went!
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe G @ Oct. 13 2005,1:59)]Im just curious, if you joined in March of 2004 howcome you havent given HST a try yet?
Joe G
Well because I play soccer at the university I go to.. It didnt give me enough time to rest up from the training.

I'm done w/ my soccer commitment..so now it is time to do some HST.

BTW I did push weights while I was playing soccer and I did make noticeable gains..but from what I've read about HST..why try anything else right.

Quick question so incrementing backwards for 15 rep..this is the same method to follow in the 10 and 5 rep range correct?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quick question so incrementing backwards for 15 rep..this is the same method to follow in the 10 and 5 rep range correct?

Yep, that's pretty much it. Get your rep maxes for each rep scheme, then build up to it withinn two weeks, same for all rep schemes, progression will be incremental and probably there will be some zigzagging.

I say this to anyone starting HST. In my opinion, HST is the best training method there is. However, if you are not taking in enough calories, you will make little or no gains. You must take in enough food every single day to get good growth. Good luck and go for it!
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ Oct. 13 2005,10:11)]I say this to anyone starting HST. In my opinion, HST is the best training method there is. However, if you are not taking in enough calories, you will make little or no gains. You must take in enough food every single day to get good growth. Good luck and go for it!
thumbs-up.gif
Cosigned.

I don't care how good the training program is, if you don't have your diet in order, it won't work the way it is supposed to.

It just makes me mad when I see people complaining about not gaining any weight with HST. You ask them how many calories they took in and they always say, "I don't know" or "I ate like 3000 calories!" That wont cut it. You have got to know how many is enough and then eat that everyday.

question: okay say if I go through the 15's, 10's and 5's and even some negs and do my SD..

what happens afterwards..what would be the big difference in my next set of 15's?

Chiefhog has it covered... once you've finished your last negs workout, on the next day that you would have normally worked out, test your 15RM for all exercises. On the next scheduled workout day test your 10s, and likewise for your 5s.

Record everything.

Then, after that 5RM testing day you get to SD - and make it at least 12 days.

Comeback and start growing again, under the same weight ranges as before :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jester @ Oct. 15 2005,6:23)]Comeback and start growing again, under the same weight ranges as before :)
that doesnt make sense to me..because of progressive loading is true.

it would make sense to go into my 2nd 15's with a greater 15 rep max than last time

Ok, that was prob. a bit confusing...lemme rephrase.

It's likely that your RMs will all be higher than before (strength gains), and that it's likely to be one or two increments higher (if you made huge strength gains then
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
:))

What I mean by "under the same weight ranges as before" is that obviously your 15s, 10s and 5s weight range will be similar, just a little higher. And that after another SD, you'll be able to grow using the same "range" as before.

So yes, load progressively and so on. Sorry for the confusion.

barbell squat
leg curl
military press
dumbell bench press
wide grip pullups
dips
narrow grip pullups
rear delts
shrugs
barbell curl
narrow grip bench press
calves
abs

all exercises I did 2 sets of 15 reps.

I was exhausted afterwards..because on my typical routine..I went heavy which allowed me to get a maximum of 8 reps.
So 15 reps was like a train hitting you.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the leg curl & rear delts.

what do you guys think of my routine.

i would get rid of the leg curls and one of the pullups you dont need two pullups..also narrow grip bench press..dips will work your triceps..good luck :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (faz @ Oct. 18 2005,2:02)]i would get rid of the leg curls and one of the pullups you dont need two pullups..also narrow grip bench press..dips will work your triceps..good luck :D
interesting..anyone else?

Keep the leg curls - you want the quads and hamstrings do be balanced.

I don't think you need the CG bench press...dips will assault triceps, dumbell bench too :)

Rear delt work is ok, but you won't get much incrementation in the 10s or 15s - how many times can you increment up to 20kg or so?

When I've done direct rear delt work, I start it in the 5s.

Back