Could anybody explain me?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dziewul
  • Start date Start date
<div>
(dziewul @ Dec. 30 2006,02:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'll add some arm work.</div>
And this.

So are you gaining weight or not? HST isn't going to make you gain weight if you aren't eating enough. Count calories... it's the best thing you can do to ensure you are growing, seriously. It won't matter what your routine is if you don't eat enough. Keep track of how much you eat daily and keep track of your weight each morning, watch the trends and adjust when you need to. I'd suggest starting out eating 18 times your bodyweight (in pounds) of calories, so if you weigh 200 then you'd be eating 3600 calories a day. If you still don't gain weight, then go to 19 or 20 times bodyweight.
Eating is the most important part of gaining size/strength. Take it seriously.

Hi.
I have never counted calories but I think I eat enough or to much.
I know that this is very important thing but I don't want dieting and counting calories predominate over my life. I'm not bodybuilder. I have a lot of work to do except thinking about this things.
That is why I have loved HST years ago. Clear principles and short workout 3 x week.
But you are right. Meybe that is the point. Meybe that's why my progresion has stoped.

Anyway I think I should start arm working and back to FAQ.
Year ago, when I was doing biceps and triceps exercises my arms were much biger than now with the same &quot;diet&quot;.

Thank you for reply.
You helped me understand some important things.

The same diet isn't going to be effective if you are a different weight. How much you think you are eating is rarely accurate. So... I would at least estimate calories, or else don't expect to have very good results anymore.

<div>
(dziewul @ Dec. 31 2006,05:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have never counted calories but I think I eat enough or to much.
I know that this is very important thing but I don't want dieting and counting calories predominate over my life. I'm not bodybuilder. I have a lot of work to do except thinking about this things.</div>
if your not growing or &quot;getting bigger&quot; then your not eating enough let alone too much.
yes, its important if growth is a goal whether you consider yourself a bodybuilder or not (btw, what do you consider lifting wgts to gain muscle to be?). some find tracking cals no trouble while others find it annoying and time consuming but at some point you have to move past just guessing.

if you read some examples from the diet/nutr. thread youll see all levels of detail from ocd diet plans to rough cal surplus diets. the point is you have track your diet at least for a little while to know what your gain, lose, maint levels are.

good luck.

I may be the exception to the rule, but I have done successful bulking and cutting without counting calories. I find my appetite tells me my maintenance needs perfectly. Eat slightly more than my appetite...bulk, eat slightly less than my appetite...cut. I have always been naturally lean...it is genetic.

I read a study about mice...some mice have a certain gene that controls their body composition through appetite, they were given an unlimited supply of food, but did not overeat and maintained their weight. The second group of mice did not have the 'lean' gene, they also were given an unlimited supply of food, but they ate too much and got fat.

I am like the first group of mice, in that my brain signals to me how much to eat to maintain my current body mass. If I exercise heavily I get really hungry, if I lift weigths my body gets hungry to put on muscle. If I lie in bed all day, I hardly need to eat. Of course I may well be in the minority, the majority of people may not have the so-called 'lean' gene and need to count calories or their weight may fluctuate, etc.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Dec. 31 2006,18:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">if your not growing or &quot;getting bigger&quot; then your not eating enough let alone too much.
yes, its important if growth is a goal whether you consider yourself a bodybuilder or not (btw, what do you consider lifting wgts to gain muscle to be?). some find tracking cals no trouble while others find it annoying and time consuming but at some point you have to move past just guessing.

if you read some examples from the diet/nutr. thread youll see all levels of detail from ocd diet plans to rough cal surplus diets. the point is you have track your diet at least for a little while to know what your gain, lose, maint levels are.

good luck.</div>
Listen to what bluejacket says, he knows what he is talking about. You can either by dedicated and do what you have to in order to keep growing, or you can simply expect not to grow anymore.

Sci... that's cool that you can do that. I wish I could. If I just follow what my appetite tells me to eat, I start losing weight. It sucks, but I guess my natural state is to be a tiny guy. I have to at least know a rough estimate of my calories if I want to even maintain. I wonder why that is?

I'm exactly the same as SF...I'm real sensitive to my stomach and hunger...I find that if I'm slightly stuffed all the time, it's always just a bit over my maintenance and if I stay a little hungry it's the opposite. The hardest thing for me is cutting, because the pull back to maintenance is stronger there, possibly fueled by lossmusculaphobia.
rock.gif

I find now that I have to clean bulk, because of age and a slower metabolism, regardless of what program I'm on. That's life I guess. Five years ago I could eat anything I wanted.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Dec. 31 2006,19:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sci... that's cool that you can do that.  I wish I could.  If I just follow what my appetite tells me to eat, I start losing weight.  It sucks, but I guess my natural state is to be a tiny guy.  I have to at least know a rough estimate of my calories if I want to even maintain.  I wonder why that is?</div>
i think for many (myself included) once you reach a point that is a signif. amount over what your &quot;untrained&quot; wgt would be the diet aspect of training takes on even more importance.

sci dont be surprised if after a while appetite no longer leads to gains. but on the upside your body seems to adapt over time as your average intake goes up.

i remember a few yrs ago when it took serious effort over time just to break the 200lb barrier. now the real hurdle is 215 and im way past just appetite eating.

anyway, i wouldnt worry about it until the gains slow, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

good luck

Well, one reason I don't go too high with calories is I don't want to get too fat. my second cycle I went crazy with eating and got fat and had to cut.
Now if I knew that most of the excess calories were going to be turned into muscle (like if I did an AAS cycle) I could eat the whole grocery store each day!!! It is not a problem for me to put on weight, like it was when I was a young, scrawny kid. It is just that I bulk sloowwly so that I am gaining mostly lean mass.

Back