Creatine and HST

FYI/PSA: Pubmed, like all governmentally run agencies, has become a tedious waste of time. Use this search engine it is better and gives you a direct link to the Free Journals! nice!

http://www.highwire.org

BTW don´t forget the ECM, here is a great free review:

http://physrev.physiology.org/cgi....e=HWCIT

REVIEWS:
Role of Extracellular Matrix in Adaptation of Tendon and Skeletal Muscle to Mechanical Loading
MICHAEL KJÆR
Physiol Rev, Apr 2004; 84: 649 - 698.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 15 2006,02:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I use creatine for endurance purposes as it not only acts as a buffer during the buildup of Lactic Acid, but also increase the transport of ATP out of the mitochondria. I notice a BIG difference in my endurance during marathons when I am not on creatine.</div>
so would this mean that creatine should not be taken during the 15s?

Also, thoughts on CEE?
I already have some and was wondering about the label direction to take an extra serving post-w/o as opposed to just one pre-w/o to &quot;increase effectiveness&quot;

i was planning to take 1g pre &amp; 1.5g post.

The role of lactic acid has recently been questioned.  For competitive biking, the delayed onset of that burning sensation is a plus.The role of LA during  hypertrophy is something I cannot comment on.

for the 15s i am more reffering to LA 'healing' and 'preparing' soft tissues for the heavier loads later in the cycle, not really hypertophy.

I can´t answer that part of your question as well as some others around here.
I am just starting to read some basic biochemistry of lactic acid. give me a few days.

cheers,

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 17 2006,17:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I can´t answer that part of your question as well as some others around here.
I am just starting to read some basic biochemistry of lactic acid. give me a few days.

cheers,</div>
For wound healing specifically in tendon look at the lactate response for TGF regulation in the 1,2, and 3 beta peptides and their receptors.

Sorry for posting so late, but I didn't want to start a new thread with this same question.

I don't think the question was answered: Does creatine help when doing HST, especially since we have fixed rep schemes and don't go to failure?

Dr. Pierre wrote

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I notice a BIG difference in my endurance during marathons when I am not on creatine.</div>

I can definitelly agree with this, I feel a great lack of strength since my creatine finished
sad.gif
, it definitely helps for strength as well as endurance.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't think the question was answered: Does creatine help when doing HST, especially since we have fixed rep schemes and don't go to failure? </div>

onemoreset

Yes indeed it does, remember even though we don't go to the absolute failure that HIT maniacs do we still get there at least once every 2 week rep scheme, then we stay on heavy weights for 4 sometimes 8 weeks so...it most definitely helps.
laugh.gif

I thought I'd throw this question in. Does all Creatine ultimately result with the same effects that have been discussed here (monohydrate, Cee, etc...) or are some versions better or morse than others???

Thx,
O

<div>
(onemoreset @ Oct. 10 2006,02:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry for posting so late, but I didn't want to start a new thread with this same question.

I don't think the question was answered: Does creatine help when doing HST, especially since we have fixed rep schemes and don't go to failure?</div>
Simply put - yes it does.

To explain what was already explained more simply. Creatine = more water moving into the cells, with that, more nutrients in the cells. This means more muscle growth in the end.

Interesting thing about weight training. HIT, HST, Max OT, simple 3x10 with progrressive resistance... whatever you choose to do - it all stimulates muscle growth. Whatever way you train - more nutrients in the cells stimulates even more muscle growth.

Note for vegetarians, creatine is found in meat. If you don't eat meat, you can possibly absorb more creatine that someone who eats red meat.

can creatine make you fat?

should it only be used during bulking, or can it be used during cutting too?

It cannot make you fat.  It makes you hold water.  Since it works better with a carrier ie dextrose to make an insulin spike - use while cutting is individual.  If you can cut and have your carbs - including simple postworkout carbs then sure it's fine.  However, before it was understood how much more effective it works with simple carbs people got good results from creatine taken with just protein.

I've been told that creatine ethyl ester doesn't need the dextrose to work at it's best but haven't tried it personally so I can't comment on it.

When I cut, I use a TCD for most of it so that I can take creatine and get the most results from it.  When I get to the strict lose 1% bodyfat each week part of my cut I still use it - just without the dextrose and drink lots of water.

Note, although in some people creatine appears to give &quot;steroid like results&quot;, in some others it doesn't appear to do anything. Some people are actually nonresponders to creatine.

i've taken it before, but i was using the pills, which i heard isn't as effective as the powder. i can't remember if anything really happened with it

i fear that i am a nonresponder because my body is typically resistant to everything: caffeine, trying to get huge, alcohol, over the counter drugs etc...

i am the epitamy of homeostasis

thanks for the response

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Does all Creatine ultimately result with the same effects that have been discussed here (monohydrate, Cee, etc...) or are some versions better or morse than others???</div>

From the principle of biochemistry, it depends on its purity, the purer the better, as there are some kinds that have inpure substances that are not so good.

Many variants try to have faster upload linked chemicals, and that only means it gets to your blood a little faster...so essentially yes...all creatine would eventually have the same effect...to lend an extra phosphate to the various reactions in a biochemical chain...this phosphate helps make the reaction ATP to ADP to happen faster.

To put it simply, one of the biochemical pathways is called glycogenesis, and it has a series of reactions all of which require ATP to be converted to ADP, (looses one phosphate to accomplish the reaction), glycolysis is one of the most important reactions in converting sugar (simple carbs) to glycogen which is the main food (source of energy) of the muscle...and of the brain, amongst others.

Hope this helps some...
cool.gif

On a related note and something I have been wanting to ask for awile now, what do you all think of Muscle Milk and its supposed Creatine GCC? It's supposed to cause the body to create more of its own natural creatine.

Is there even any validity to this?

If there is, how would that affect creatine supplementation?

Currently, I take creatine in the morning with breakfast and drink a shake that includes a scoop of Muscle Milk at night before bed.

And slightly unrelated, what do u al think of the suggested use of drinking Muscle Milk preworkout?

i use both...

I take muscle milk in the morning, 1 scope before lifting and my creatine, and whey after lifting. at bed i find i can't sleep well if i have muscle milk so sometimes i take whey, or i eat tunafish. I also usually take amino acid pills at night as well.

nippon...

I don't know what is in muscle milk, but if guys are saying they can't sleep then there must be stimulant's.

Bryan had an article somewhere pointing out taking protein shake (fast digestion) this was the HSN primer before workout and HSN driver after workout (a slower protein delivery to the blood stream).

Creatine as far as I'm concerned, once in the morning on a empty stomach (3 - 5 g) and that is it! Those who are loading (vegetarians should) should take additional 5 g straight after training.

Hey Fausto,

Yeah, I am not asking about the validity of a preworkout shake with a whey powder, but about the using Muscle Milk.

For Fausto and anyone else who might not know what's in it, it's a casein-based powder, plus it has quite a bit of fat, which is why I am currently only using it as a prebed shake.

1 scoop has:

16g protein
9 g fat (4 g saturated) (20% MCTs)
6 g carbs (3g sugar)

The label suggests using it as a preworkout shake because the fats will be used as energy and as an inflammatory for joints, but like you mentioned about the article Bryan wrote, I thought the point was to have a fast-digesting protein with/without some fast-digesting carbs and that's it.

Oh, and by the way, I also noticed that it makes me get really hot for awhile and that could/would prevent me from sleeping in the middle of summer or force me to turn on the airconditioner.

Back