Creatine dose

• Thread starter imported_elektrobank
  • Start date
I

imported_elektrobank

I've heard that the amount of creatine you take depends on your weight. How do I know how much to take based on my weight? Most say take 5g a day and 15 durring loading, but I'd say I weight a bit more than average so how do I know if this is enough?
Also, most products say that 5g is a teaspoon, is this a leveled teaspoon or a rounded teaspoon?

Just take 5g everyday and forget about the "loading" phase. You don't really need it. As for how much is in a teaspoon, just scoop it out and throw it in. Any amount that might be lost in leveling wouldn't make any difference anyways.

ok don't mean to hijack the thread but i have a quick question please :)

i've used creatine before (no loading 5g a day) and everything went fine.
i used another brand (with loading) and i got acne everywhere!!
crazy.gif

is it because of creatine quality? or loading?
i want to go back to creatine without getting acnes
crazy.gif

thanks in advance
worship.gif

There are (apparently) some 'not so pure' creatine products floating around. I think the general consensus is to get the creapure creatine - the good stuff.

I load but only to get to the saturation point quicker...no its not necessary.

Creatine is so cheap that you may as well just load for the first week. You don't need to, but from what I have read, loading helps you reach saturation faster. The 5 grams a day is to maintain saturation. If you don't load, it will just take longer to reach saturation. So... how soon do you want to see the benefits from creatine?
According to what I have read, when you load, a lot of the creatine is excreted in your urine i.e. it is wasted, but who cares? You can buy 1000 grams for under $20 if you shop right, so it doesn't matter much.

Back