creatine ethyl ester

• Thread starter imported_foozballking
  • Start date
I

imported_foozballking

Now that prohormones are gone, me thinks this will be a big supplement. From what I understand, Ed Byrd is getting a patent on this, which is whats holding many of the supplement companies from launching this. Plus, its pricey compared to regular creatine.

I just wanted to see what Bryan's opinion of CEE is. Is it more effective than regular creatine?

I do have some personal experience with it. It seems to 'work' better than regular monohydrate in my subjective opinion, but as you say it's more pricey. I've taken monohydrate in doses up to 20 grams a day and it didn't have the effect of a few grams of CEE daily, like the pumps and endurance. It's all subjective of course, but it seems to make a difference and is worth a try in my opinion.

CreEthyl Thunder from Omega Sports is a good capsule product with CEE in it. Gets you 2.4 grams of CEE and some other supplements per serving, which should be enough for about a month of trying it out. Custom Nutrition Warehouse has it at a good price. You could get the raw powder, but I've never had anything that tasted that nasty in my mouth since when I was a kid and managed to get a mouthful of acetone. If you get the powder mix it with a good citrus drink. Lemonade and Limeade work very well to mask the taste and make the stuff ingestable.

there is no evidence that CE will create any advantage over CM (other than anecdotal which is rather uncontrolled)

Cm is far cheaper, with a ton of research backing it

I got interested in it after Patrick Arnold praised it on BB.com forums. I havent noticed much from normal creatine, so I will give CEE a shot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (foozballking @ Jan. 26 2005,12:00)]I got interested in it after Patrick Arnold praised it on BB.com forums. I havent noticed much from normal creatine, so I will give CEE a shot.
The worst that it will do is hurt your wallet a bit. Sometimes I think people are too skeptical of supplements sometimes. A lot of them are bull, but in the end all you're hurting is your wallet. And if you happen to stumble upon one that does something for you, you'd never have known had you never tried it. I got a bottle of CreEthyl Thunder coming to my door soon. At worst I'm out 25 bucks. I can live with that.

My only problem with CEE is that it's just the type of thing to get the government busy bodies on the case for making all creatine illegal. I mean after all, it requires you drink more water than you usually would, and it tastes horrible! The horror! The FDA is already pushing a new set of rules that basically guts DSHEA, and how long do you think it's gonna be before some moron downs a few grams of creatine and a few gallons of gasoline and blames his ill health on the creatine? He'd be before congress testifying fast enough to make your neck snap.

Next they'll make steak illegal, then chicken. Don't want people bulking up...

I wanted to comment on the taste. I got a bottle of 1Fast400 CEE last night and it is almost unbearable, even mixing with OJ didnt help. I hope they didnt accidentally slip some 1-test in the bottle or something.

I think the supplement companies make a little too much about the potential of a creatine ban. Especially, places like T-mag which always need something to write about. The prohormone ban may have even been a financial windfall for these guys. Even those ppl who dont use prohormones, stocked up on this stuff just in case. Reminds me of the gun industry, whenever a Democrat is elected, the threat of a anti gun legislation always spikes sales.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (foozballking @ Jan. 27 2005,11:09)]I wanted to comment on the taste. I got a bottle of 1Fast400 CEE last night and it is almost unbearable, even mixing with OJ didnt help. I hope they didnt accidentally slip some 1-test in the bottle or something.
No, it's just honestly that horrible. Lemonade and Limeade works best to mask the taste.

I've been using this stuff for a week now, I do feel a little stronger, of course it could be a placebo effect. Like I said before, I never noticed much from regular creatine, so I'm satisfied with whatever I get from this.

I've also learned to mask the taste with a lot of OJ, so its not intolerable any more.

Any one else try this as well?

C'mon! CEE isn't that bad. Try chugging some CLA powder in your next protein drink, then let me know what you think of CEE.

As for effectiveness, I haven't noticed anything radically different than I'd expect from monohydrate. But I haven't been using it long.

I noticed a difference right from the start myself. Seems like a good supplement, just wish the cost would come down some.

Back