Creatine

would my workouts change? like creatine is supposed to decrease your recovery time and allow you to heal faster. So because of that would i need to change my workouts?

I don't see any reason not to. You will, at the very least, be keeping your stores saturated.

If you don't take creatine during SD, you are likely to drop celular volumization weight. I don't think there is any reason to cycle creatine as they used to suggest.

I also believe that you can to take less creatine than previously thought. I take about 3.5 grams daily and find that adding more does nothing for me. Additionally, recent studies have shown that loading may give you a jump start on cellular volumiation but the longer term effects are non existant.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">like creatine is supposed to decrease your recovery time and allow you to heal faster. So because of that would i need to change my workouts?</div>
ok, now i see what your inspiration was to ask if you should change your workouts.
so like the others said, no dont change your workouts!
when your recovery time is decreased your muscles have a little bit more time to grow
biggrin.gif
but all in all creatin is no miracle supplement,

what you can eventually change is that you do more reps, because you are stronger a bit !

i dont take creatin in sd times. but i use creatin only for 8 weeks (7g/ed) and then 4 weeks break(then using glutamin for cell voluminization).
but like someone here mentioned, you can use creatine the whole year every day! 3g should be fine here to keep the creatine xxx filled in your body.

<div>
(liegelord @ Jun. 11 2006,14:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There was no difference when I used creatine; no difference in weights used, in size &amp; strength gained, nothing.</div>
Lyle was recently talking about this, saying how 20-30% of all people tend to be non-responders to creatine. For whatever reason, it just doesn't work for some.

It's a shame.

its weird how it can effect people so differently as ive mentioned before i used it for nearly 5 years with no probs but it was all basically water retention(drawn into the skeletal tissue)i gained 7lbs when i went on i lost 7lbs when i went off thats it.
creatine helped improve stamina for def and also improved strength a bit but i had to keep hydrated.

creatine has a definite and valid use for resistance training or even track'n'field,but its down to the individual.

Though it doesn't do much for me, I'd take it anyway if there was an easier way... but since it does almost nothing, I'm too lazy to get out the tub of creatine and add it to my protein shakes. Maybe I should cut out meat from my diet so that creatine will do more for me. Hah.

<div>
(liegelord @ Jun. 11 2006,14:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There was no difference when I used creatine; no difference in weights used, in size &amp; strength gained, nothing.</div>
try to use CEE or Kre-alkalyn. it could be that this will work !

i use creatine before i workout. i feel a huge boost when i lift with it then when i dont. i also see a boost in my muscle formation.

lcars meantioned about eating meat and if he took it out of his diet creatine would do more? is this true? how does it work? Because i eat a decent amount of meat and i still use creatine and see and feel good gains. Would it be more if i didnt eat the meat?

That was a joke. You get creatine from meat, so if you are eating less meat, you are getting less creatine... ergo creatine supplementation would have more of an effect, but it would only be boosting you back up to the same exact place you were when you were still eating meat.

There is a guy at my gym who actually told me he stopped taking creatine because it made him too agressive and caused rages. Of coures when he said this I just about pissed my pants.
tounge.gif

This guy a fairly serious lifter and a biker type.

I really don't think taking it right before a workout is gonna matter much, it is all in your head. Reminds me of a guy on the HRT board who claimed he had such a pump going and he thought his skin was gonna rip open because he just did his first injection of hgh the day before. It takes at least 3 months to &quot;feel&quot; the effects of hgh. LOL

Creatine definitely added strength to my workouts, stamina too.

I feel quite a difference now, and yep I still eat meat.

Back