Critique Please

bgates1654

This will be my 4th cycle, but only 2nd bulking.

I intend to do 20 reps for 15s & 10s then 15 for 5s and beyond.

Exercises:

A2G Squat
Deadlift (no platform)
SLDL
Incl Bench (DB/BB alt)
Dips
BB Row/close grip row (when cannot progress with BB)
Mil Press (DB/BB alt)
Chin/Pulldown (close, reverse grip)
S.Crusher (standing)
Zot Curl (on incl. bench)
Abs
Obliques
RD Raise (or maybe the machines)
External Rot.

Are SLDLs necessary for the hams since I am doing both A2G squats and deadlifts? If they are still recommended how would one split up the 3 exercises? One for each day or ABABAB A=squat B=deadlift and do SLDLs everyday? Maybe one set of each?

Will the RD Raise give enough stimulus to the RC that I wont need to do ext. rotations?

I could probably cut out skull crushers as my tris seem to grow quite nicely with just dips and mil press.

I cant find the pimp my HST book anymore... the link is dead. Is it stretch then metabolic or the reverse?

I really wouldn't do more than squats and deads. Deadlifts utilize the entire body for the most part, make sure you arent over training certain body parts. For skull crushers, test if you get the same results without them and if you get less....do the skuller crushers! Other than that, what you have created for yourself is a rather well formed program. It is a little more exotic than what i am use to but nontheless...Awsome!
biggrin.gif

I think you should drop SLDLs. No need for them if you are DLing and ATG squatting. Do the squats first and the deads last but before all the isos. Do you really need to do the last 6 isos if you are on a bulk cycle? Up to you but perhaps just limit them to a single set if you have the time and inclination. I would rather add in a set of shrugs immediately after deads.

If you have rotator cuff issues then definitely work on those. I would do the external rotations in preference to RD raises as you will be hitting rear delts to some degree with rows.

Ok I am gonna get rid of the SLDLs and the skull crushers.  

Lol,  I am not exactly sure what you meant with the last of your post.  Did you mean do the ext. rot. since you will hit the rear delt to some degree with them?

I am not sure if this qualifies as an RC issue, but based on that T nation article discusse a while ago I do have an imbalance between my CG BB press and my external rotation.  Plus my shoulders are generally the first joint to start aching.  When I added them in in my last cutting cycle I went over 12 weeks no problem.

If I understood correctly then I will drop the RD raises.  The pendlay rows (off the ground) should be hitting the rear delts well right?

Also, I remember some of the people here doing no set in stone reps per set. Like in the first week if a person could get 18 reps in they got them in and finished the other two off shortly after. How did that turn out? Did it burn out the CNS quicker since it wasnt getting the breaks early on in the block?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lol, I am not exactly sure what you meant with the last of your post. Did you mean do the ext. rot. since you will hit the rear delt to some degree with them? </div>
Yup. If you have an imbalance based on the 'Achieving Structural Balance
By Charles Poliquin' article then do the external rotations. You don't have to drop the rear delt raises but I just think that it's probably not worth doing them unless they are noticeably lagging behind.

Back