cutting and deloading

MoDog

Hey guys!
I'm in the 11th week of my 5x5-Cutting-Cycle right at the moment and further weight increases in the next weeks seem to be improbable. I feel like a moderate deload would be a convenient option for me to recuperate but I'm not really sure about it cuz I'm afraid of losing strenght and lean mass while deloading. What would you guys do: keeping the weight constant (with the risk of overreaching?) or do a deload?
Greetz

I'm in a similar situation. In a week or so I'm going to skip SD and go back to 10s as a deload and build up again from there until mid April. Then I'll end my cut and start growing again (I hope!).

thx for your reply, Lol. So, I guess the idea is not that bad as I thought of it in the first place. But why do you start a new bulking cycle just before summer?
rock.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But why do you start a new bulking cycle just before summer?</div>
Because I gained around 45lbs in just over a year and needed to lose some of the fat. I'm only cutting to get back to a lower bf to lean ratio so I can start on a slower bulk this time. So I'm not cutting for the summer, although I will be leaner than if I'd just kept on bulking. I want to get to around 225lbs at ~12% bf in a couple of years time.

I am doing basically the same thing as you all. I am in a cut and just finished my 5's. Deloading by going back to the start of my 10s and work back up. That will put me at about a 8 week cut. Then I will eat at maintenance for a couple weeks and get after it again.

Keystone

Back