Dexter Jackson...sick physique

Have you ever finished a workout and felt really pumped up and huge, you look in the mirror and think..."man, I got some nice mass going, pretty good definition too!" You are feeling all good about your progress...then you find some pics like this one of a professional bodybuilder!!!
wow.gif
It makes me feel like the smallest, weakest, flabbiest guy on the planet after looking at this pic and then looking at my own physique.
Oh well, we can't all be genetic wonders.
biggrin.gif

dext002.jpg

Mmm, not to detract from DJ's accomplishments, physique wise, but HELLO! photoshop...
Don't for one minute think that adjuct to chemical enhancement, a lot of pixel enhancement also takes place at the printsetters (desaturate/levels/colour dodge-burn etc)
cool.gif

Take your original avatar photo - apply the above & you'll be surprised how much you can improve crappy genetics
laugh.gif
(think along the lines of Mens fitness covers)

Good point DM.

I was just pointing out how 'relative' bodybuilding is.  Compared to your average couch potato I look like Hercules.  Compared to the top ten bodybuilders in the world, the rest of us look like we don't even exercise!
I can see why steroids are so popular.  It is depressing to know you have to grow slow and to a limited degree naturally.  I plan on staying natural, but sometimes it is tempting to see what 'enhancement' might do...
wink.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 16 2006,23:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was just pointing out how 'relative' bodybuilding is.  Compared to your average couch potato I look like Hercules.  Compared to the top ten bodybuilders in the world, the rest of us look like we don't even exercise!
I can see why steroids are so popular.  It is depressing to know you have to grow slow and to a limited degree naturally.  I plan on staying natural, but sometimes it is tempting to see what 'enhancement' might do...
wink.gif
</div>
But just think how much it has cost DJ to get where he is today, and consequently how much you will save if you stay natural.
smile.gif

I know what you mean though. It is very tempting to think about AAS but, heck, we've only just begun to find out what we can do naturally. I'm going to do at least 3 years lifting before ever considering any 'help'. By then, maybe TRT will be an option for me anyway?
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Dec. 16 2006,21:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But just think how much it has cost DJ to get where he is today, and consequently how much you will save if you stay natural.  
smile.gif
</div>
Your kidding, right?

For starters, "natural" competitors aren't 100% natural in most cases. It's widely known that many have used various substances hard to detect, etc. Not true of all but the folks I know that compete naturally are aware of plenty of substances that get used.

And AAS isn't the only thing that cost $$. I know plenty of Joe averages that spend $$$ monthly on various substance.

All I'm saying is that "natural" and "not" is not relevant to cost. (Keep in mind also that many pros have lucrative sponsorships, etc... money isn't that much of an issue.

smile.gif

<div>
(4 8 15 16 23 42 @ Dec. 18 2006,00:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">All I'm saying is that "natural" and "not" is not relevant to cost. (Keep in mind also that many pros have lucrative sponsorships, etc... money isn't that much of an issue.

smile.gif
</div>
Well, I guess I meant natural, natural then
biggrin.gif
(and I was thinking about Sci's case. Don't think he's entering any contests yet?). A lot folks who lift weights will probably never feel inclined to enter any kind of contest. I am one of those.

As far as I am aware, pro bbers have to start on AAS well before they get any sponsorship deals (the ones I know have anyway).

Take a guy who trains hard for 5 years. There's the cost of extra food and maybe whey protein supps. Surely, that has to be a lot cheaper than the same guy doing the same but adding in AAS for 5 years?

However, I haven't checked how much AAS costs. Perhaps it's quite cheap to do after all? I suppose that would explain why so many go that route.  
rock.gif

All i can think of when i look at that pic is....

...gee has'nt he got a small package..... .HELLO NO NUTS.

<div>
(Lol @ Dec. 17 2006,23:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Take a guy who trains hard for 5 years. There's the cost of extra food and maybe whey protein supps. Surely, that has to be a lot cheaper than the same guy doing the same but adding in AAS for 5 years?

However, I haven't checked how much AAS costs. Perhaps it's quite cheap to do after all? I suppose that would explain why so many go that route.  
rock.gif
</div>
Certainly they aren't cheap... but just look at all the schmoe's and schmuck's (official jargon
biggrin.gif
) at the gyms who buy all the MuscleTech stuff, Gakic, and all the "fat burners" at $50 a bottle for 30 days...

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 16 2006,14:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Have you ever finished a workout and felt really pumped up and huge, you look in the mirror and think..."man, I got some nice mass going, pretty good definition too!"  You are feeling all good about your progress...then you find some pics like this one of a professional bodybuilder!!!
wow.gif
</div>
Yeah, I do that all the time.  Compare myself to both pro bbers and pro powerlifters, and find out I'm nothing special on either end.    And--it's not just because I don't do steroids.  I could do every high tech steroid ever developed and still couldn't reach those guys.  

Anyway, making the comparisons is good for you, keeps your head in check.  There is an old saying started by Dave Tate or somebody that goes something like "it's always the guys who work out alone in their garages or in their small hometown gyms who are the cockiest.  They haven't ever stepped out and competed to find out there will always be someone out there who is better."

<div>
(duffman @ Dec. 18 2006,06:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">All i can think of when i look at that pic is....

...gee has'nt he got a small package..... .HELLO NO NUTS.</div>
We hadn't noticed.

<div>
(stevejones @ Dec. 18 2006,13:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 16 2006,14:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Have you ever finished a workout and felt really pumped up and huge, you look in the mirror and think..."man, I got some nice mass going, pretty good definition too!"  You are feeling all good about your progress...then you find some pics like this one of a professional bodybuilder!!!
wow.gif
</div>
Yeah, I do that all the time.  Compare myself to both pro bbers and pro powerlifters, and find out I'm nothing special on either end.    And--it's not just because I don't do steroids.  I could do every high tech steroid ever developed and still couldn't reach those guys.  

Anyway, making the comparisons is good for you, keeps your head in check.  There is an old saying started by Dave Tate or somebody that goes something like "it's always the guys who work out alone in their garages or in their small hometown gyms who are the cockiest.  They haven't ever stepped out and competed to find out there will always be someone out there who is better."</div>
Tate is an excellent strength coach....he has the heart of a champion.
He is an ideal role model for any lifter, wether powerlifter, olympic lifter, or bodybuilder. He has a humble attitude combined with enormous willpower and ability. Adopting his kind of attitude will get any lifter far in life.
cool.gif

Back