DIY GHR

Lol

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd quite fancy making one of these. Think it would be a good investment in time and effort. It's quite a versatile piece of kit too.

Here's the fancy Elite Fitness one:

collGHR-400.jpg

I'm thinking of a wooden construction.

Anybody built one?

I think I've figured out a good way to build a simple GHR thingy (well, it's not a machine is it?). For best effect, you really need a plate to rest your feet against rather than have them hanging free.

The reverse-hyper apparatus looks quite easy to build too but I think I can make a GHR that will take up less space when not in use.

<div>
(faz @ Jul. 13 2009,5:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i just lean across two benches and my mate sits on my ankles.</div>
I miss hyper extensions. How do you suppose I could pull that off with one spotter and one adjustable bench (plus chairs if needed)?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Aug. 19 2009,6:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(faz @ Jul. 13 2009,5:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i just lean across two benches and my mate sits on my ankles.</div>
I miss hyper extensions.  How do you suppose I could pull that off with one spotter and one adjustable bench (plus chairs if needed)?</div>
try and lodge your heels under something(radiator,chair with weights on etc),and use the bench to support you.

Here's a real easy reverse hyper attachment for your squat rack.http://www.joeskopec.com/hyper.html

Thanks Bax. Nice simple idea. It just requires a bit of thought to add a foot plate and ankle/leg retainer/rest to work effectively.

I think what there doing with this is hanging a dumbbell or plates around the ankles and lifting the legs up and down.  If you shorten up the bench a little and make it wider maybe you could use some extra rack pins with foam wrapped around it to support the ankles.  Just a thought.

Back