Do we really grow after training?

stingblood

Since I started following the anabolic diet and training Max-stim style everytime I trained heavier or everytime I improved my technique (recrtuiting fibers and feeling the pain ba mind-muscle connection), I grew DURING training and not really after.

Even if I eat above maintenance for muscle grow I still can't see any markable gain after the session like the ones I experiment during training sessions.

What do you guys think of this?

<div>
(stingblood @ May 09 2008,3:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Since I started following the anabolic diet and training Max-stim style everytime I trained heavier or everytime I improved my technique (recrtuiting fibers and feeling the pain ba mind-muscle connection), I grew DURING training and not really after.

Even if I eat above maintenance for muscle grow I still can't see any markable gain after the session like the ones I experiment during training sessions.

What do you guys think of this?</div>
I believe you are confusing &quot;pump&quot; with growth.

<div>
(stingblood @ May 09 2008,4:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Since I started following the anabolic diet and training Max-stim style everytime I trained heavier or everytime I improved my technique (recrtuiting fibers and feeling the pain ba mind-muscle connection), I grew DURING training and not really after.

How long did the growth you noticed during the training last? I mean, did the growth occurred during the training were reverted some hours or a day after the training or you kept those gains in the long run?

<div>
(stingblood @ May 09 2008,3:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Since I started following the anabolic diet and training Max-stim style everytime I trained heavier or everytime I improved my technique (recrtuiting fibers and feeling the pain ba mind-muscle connection), I grew DURING training and not really after.

What the heck are you talking about? How are you measuring growth and when exactly it occurs?

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 09 2008,4:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

What the heck are you talking about?  How are you measuring growth and when exactly it occurs?</div>
That's what I would like to know.
rock.gif

You don't grow immediately. It takes a period of time for the body to build new muscle, it does not happen instantaneously.

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 09 2008,8:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You don't grow immediately.  It takes a period of time for the body to build new muscle, it does not happen instantaneously.</div>
Not sure of what you're saying

....that's why I am asking the question.

Actually you do grow immediately it's just not in a measurable (by the naked eye) amount.

Imagine if you will (My Rod Sterling impression),

Protein Synthesis becomes positive, this means that some proteins are being made. These new proteins are then deposited as their respective fraction and growth has occured. Now, according to some studies, this may account for up to 7 grams (26 grams total tissue minus water and other non protein) would one being to visually see this change, no. But as Totentanz is saying over time this 7 gram increase adds up.

The turnover time varies for specific fractions so the time for this new protein to be deposited will vary.

In most cases what is visually represented when measuring growth immediately post training is localized swelling, glycogen, water, lactic acid and such.

Should I do my brick=workout anology now?
smile.gif

Not to forget that we compensate post-w.o. with simple carbs, then complex an hour or so later, creating some glycogen refilling? That would &quot;show&quot; in the mirror somewhat.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ May 10 2008,7:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Actually you do grow immediately it's just not in a measurable (by the naked eye) amount.</div>
I dunno, I recall watching Lou Ferigno grow measurably. Unfortunately, his skin would turn green...

incredible_hulk_lou_ferrigno_california_.jpg

<div>
(Dan Moore @ May 10 2008,7:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Actually you do grow immediately it's just not in a measurable (by the naked eye) amount.

Imagine if you will (My Rod Sterling impression),

Protein Synthesis becomes positive, this means that some proteins are being made. These new proteins are then deposited as their respective fraction and growth has occured. Now, according to some studies, this may account for up to 7 grams (26 grams total tissue minus water and other non protein) would one being to visually see this change, no. But as Totentanz is saying over time this 7 gram increase adds up.

The turnover time varies for specific fractions so the time for this new protein to be deposited will vary.

In most cases what is visually represented when measuring growth immediately post training is localized swelling, glycogen, water, lactic acid and such.</div>
What I can tell is that when I train heavier (or improve technique) I can see with my eyes muscle growing not to a big extent but I see the difference and I feel something being added for exemple on my biceps (it takes a little more place)

Ok so it is glycogen and other stuff not really muslce....but when doing 20 reps ala Max-stim style and being in an anabolic environment (due to the high cholesterol diet)..is this not logical....so when you create microtraumas during the training why wouldn't growth occur immediately?

Back