Does anyone feel like a whimp at the start of HST?

speedy5323

I just started my first cycle today and I am looking forward to a hopefully rewarding experience. However, for the last year, I have been using peridization, and have seen drastic improvements. I am used to either going to failure on every set, or adding weight until I do. After I finished today, it struck me how much this is playing with my head, that is moving a fraction of the weights that I normally move. I just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience at first and how to get around the pyschological part of this.

hey, im almost finished my first 2 weeks of ever trying HST hoping for the same outcomes that you are. i felt the same way at the beginning of the 15's. the trick is to go slow enough to make it hurt, then you reach the end of the 2 weeks youll be back to the maxing out feeling.

i was getting good results to before i started this to, but as a bio student when i read all this, it just made way to much sense. so im going to at least give it a try.......
thumbs-up.gif

(i dont know about you but when i first started the 15's i felt pretty stupid walking around with thses lighter weights haha, but you just have to get past that)

yea, i think everyone has that feeling. The bigger you are, the weirder it must feel though. I'm not that big so it wasn't that bad, but I didn't feel weird doing such light weights.

I believe everyone who tries HST for the first time gets that feeling, but don't worry, near the end of the 2 week block you will be challenged even by those "easy" weights. The key is constant progression. Anyway, everybody who is serious about lifting knows that you can't go extremely heavy all of the time, because this will very soon lead to injuries. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

Back