Does SD raise or lower testosterone?

Since exercise tends to raise testosterone levels, the absence of exercise will probably relatively lower it. How much, and whether it would be significant for anybody to care, is hard to say. Probably not worth worrying about though.

Based on this study that Dan Moore found, it may be a moot point if you're wondering about the effects of this on subsequent training.

The effects of training on testosterone appear to be localized. No big systemic effect from training, which would seem to imply the reverse also.

Now if during your SD you eat and sleep twice as much, or change lots of other things, I don't know if that might have an effect.

I seem to have okay test in some mornings...but fall WAY off in the mid-afternoons. Going in for a blood test to see if I qualify for HRT and I don't really want it to register mid-normal or anything if I can help it. I really want to get my hormones up, for work and for workouts. Sick and tired of being sick and tired I guess. Not to mention all the other problems with aging. They'll only test you in the morning.
sad.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Sep. 27 2006,18:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I seem to have okay test in some mornings...but fall WAY off in the mid-afternoons. Going in for a blood test to see if I qualify for HRT and I don't really want it to register mid-normal or anything if I can help it. I really want to get my hormones up, for work and for workouts. Sick and tired of being sick and tired I guess. Not to mention all the other problems with aging. They'll only test you in the morning.
sad.gif
</div>
My test was done at 3pm, and still registered around 330, which is barely above normal. My doc said I didn't need it, I told him I did, he then prescribed it. If you talk to him he'll probably oblige you. He may start out at lower doses to see what happens but that's bette rthan nothing if it gets you up to the 400+ range.

Have him do a complete panel including FAI and Thyroid.

Okay, I searched that on my lil' medical abbreviation engine, http://www.health-tests-direct.com/blood_t....hes.htm

...and since it's probably not meaning Female Androgen Insufficiency, it's probably the Free Androgen Index. I'm sure the thyroid is included (I remember hearing that said), but what is that for? They intend to give me pituitary stimulators or something like that along with the anti-E's and test.
Anyway, I'll make sure these are on my list too, if they'll do it. This is the rejuvenation clinic doctor, so I'm pretty sure they'll cover the bases we need.

Without going deep here, Serum Test or Total test just tells you how much is floating about and gives no indication of how much is bound and available or bound and unavailable (Typical Test levels range from 300 to 1000 ng/dl, like I said mine was 330 which in all realism is within the normal range but still low).

Circulating testosterone is chiefly bound in the serum to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin. The albumin-bound fraction of testosterone easily dissociates from albumin and is presumed to be bioactive. The portion of testosterone bound to SHBG is not considered biologically active. The amount of SHBG in the serum and the total testosterone level will determine the distribution of bioactive and nonbioactive androgen. Approximately 40% of testosterone in plasma is bound to SHBG, 2% remains unbound (free) and the rest is bound to albumin and other proteins, this is the basis for the Free Androgen Index.

Thyroid levels can play havoc with your mood and energy if they are too low.

Both or either of these can be causing your lethargy which is why I said have them do a full panel.

Back