Done with the 15's

I

imported_dyhp

Well I just completed my first cycle of the 15's and as most people will agree, they were alot tougher then I thought they were going to be. I have a few questions......

1. there were about 3 exercise where I could have done more then 15 reps. What should I do in cases like that? Continue to lift till failure or just stop at 15.

2. now that I'm on to the 10's I have decided to alter the weights so I won't be zig zagging as much my question is regarding my DB Bench. My 15 rep max was 45 , so for the 10's I have decided to go 40-45-50-50-55-55. Does that look good?

If you feel the burn then that's all that's needed in the 15's, if you didn't then just rep out or use peak contraction holds, pulsing or anything that get's you to feel the burn.

If 55 is your 10 rep max then that's fine.

thank you

what if I'm able to do more then my predetermined 10 rep max, will I follow the same advice?

Yes, except the tens are not there for the lactate. So in the tens if you feel you have surpassed your max you can up it or leave it and adjust up on the next cycle. IMHO, I would up it. It never hurts to add more weight (within reason).

I thought one of the basic tenets of the HST theory is to do a relatviely low volume 3 times a week.

Surely doing 6 sets of 10 reps for a single exercise does not fit that theory at all.

How is your body supposed to deal with such high volume 3x a week?

He didn't say anything about the number of sets - 40-45-50-50-55-55 are the weights he is planning to use for each of the 6 workouts in the 10s for DB Bench.

Rob

Back